• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Years ago I was looking for a flashlight and several of you recommended the Fenix PD32. I now have several of those around the house. I am looking for a good flashlight for my shotgun build. I would like it to have a pressure switch and a constant. I am looking for opinions on these two companies as to which people like. Read a previous forum post about the Streamlight TLR1 on a Nordic Rail mount with a Streamlight pressure switch that looked like a good setup, but it was from 2011 and I know things change. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Years ago I was looking for a flashlight and several of you recommended the Fenix PD32. I now have several of those around the house. I am looking for a good flashlight for my shotgun build. I would like it to have a pressure switch and a constant. I am looking for opinions on these two companies as to which people like. Read a previous forum post about the Streamlight TLR1 on a Nordic Rail mount with a Streamlight pressure switch that looked like a good setup, but it was from 2011 and I know things change. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You don't need 100,000 million lumens for a HD gun, an LED weapon light from 2011 will still do the job.

I have a 190 on my HD handgun, a 300 on my HD shotgun, and I am ordering a 400 for my travel carbine.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    You don't need 100,000 million lumens for a HD gun, an LED weapon light from 2011 will still do the job.

I have a 190 on my HD handgun, a 300 on my HD shotgun, and I am ordering a 400 for my travel carbine.

Yea, I wasn't thinking of going with a huge number of lumens, more just that technology may have changed. Are you running Streamlight or Fenix and is there a reason if you are?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Yea, I wasn't thinking of going with a huge number of lumens, more just that technology may have changed. Are you running Streamlight or Fenix and is there a reason if you are?

I carry a Fenix UC35, the handgun is wearing a Nebo Protec, the shotgun has a TacStar, and the carbine is getting an Inforce. No real reason other than they work, are tested, and fit the guns the way I want.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have a Streamlight Polytac in an Elzetta ZSM mount on my home defense shotgun. It has held up very well. Whole setup can be had for $80 and the Polytac can be reprogrammed for one setting On/Off.

If you can mount a piece of rail then any pistol light will work. You really don’t need a pressure switch.

Last edited:

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have a Streamlight Polytac in an Elzetta mount on my home defense shotgun. It has held up very well. Whole setup can be had for $80 and the Polytac can be reprogrammed for one setting On/Off.

If you can mount a piece of rail then any pistol light will work. You really don’t need a pressure switch.

May I ask why you don't want the pressure switch?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

simplicity.

I am also a big fan of the good old Streamlight TLR-1 or SureFire weapon light. Pop it on an AR, pop it on the the shotgun, stick it on the handgun. Easy on, easy off. You really don’t need big lumens, strobes, multiple clicks.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    So I don’t know how you are planning to mount your light so here are some examples.

I would avoid this because the remote pressure switch wire can be broken by actuating the action and also get hung up on something.

If you are dead set on a remote pressure switch I would go this route. Even then you could still have an issue with the wire getting caught. Most HD AR are setup that way.

This is what I would recommend if someone is dead set on a pressure switch. Ditch the remote part.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    simplicity.

I am also a big fan of the good old Streamlight TLR-1 or SureFire weapon light. Pop it on an AR, pop it on the the shotgun, stick it on the handgun. Easy on, easy off. You really don’t need big lumens, strobes, multiple clicks.
    This.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I see what you are saying about the cord. Didn't think about that. I like that last set up the best I think. Thank you. What type of mount is that for the Streamlight?

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I see what you are saying about the cord. Didn't think about that. I like that last set up the best I think. Thank you. What type of mount is that for the Streamlight?
    The mount that is on the tube is just a cheap mount.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202469458118

I only went with that one because the light mounts on the bottom of the tube and I need to keep that HD shotgun ambidextrous. Wife and kids are right handed and I’m left handed.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    something else to consider, if you have shorter arms you may want the light mounted on the forend. If you have longer arms I would go with a tube/barrel mounted light.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    something else to consider, if you have shorter arms you may want the light mounted on the forend. If you have longer arms I would go with a tube/barrel mounted light.
    I am thinking tube mount. I looked at the forend mounts, but don't like that it means the light would move. Plus I have longer arms.

Top Bottom