• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    I have been reading a lot of the forums and posts, but I have not posted all that much. It seems to me that there are not many women that post in here. Is this correct or am I way off base? I would be interested in discussing all things guns/shooting/2A related. Aside from checking everyone's profile, or flat out asking each person because it isn't always obvious, how many women are actually members here? Is it few and far between as I suspect or I am just totally wrong?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have been reading a lot of the forums and posts, but I have not posted all that much. It seems to me that there are not many women that post in here. Is this correct or am I way off base? I would be interested in discussing all things guns/shooting/2A related. Aside from checking everyone's profile, or flat out asking each person because it isn't always obvious, how many women are actually members here? Is it few and far between as I suspect or I am just totally wrong?

Part of this is the time of year. Everyone is busy with outdoor stuff and doesn't post as much. There are more postings in the cold months.
    And, I can speak for my own experience, many of the women shooters are spouses of the guys that post here. I have been to several INGO events and there are always plenty of ladies there. At these events, the ladies shoot as much or more than the men. I usually just reload mags for my lovely bride and let her shoot.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    We've got a lot of great female posters.
    BUT....You're not far off at all. We used to have an abundance of female posters.
    They kinda pushed the rule book past it's limitations and suffered the consequences. It wasn't all their fault IMHO.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    They kinda pushed the rule book past it's limitations and suffered the consequences. It wasn't all their fault IMHO.

Can you explain? I would not want to make the same mistake(s).

I have yet to go to any events, and as you can see by my profile, I am fairly new, although I have made it past the fifty posts (Barely), but it did take me awhile. But since I work second shift, it does make it difficult for me to attend events.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Can you explain? I would not want to make the same mistake(s).

I have yet to go to any events, and as you can see by my profile, I am fairly new, although I have made it past the fifty posts (Barely), but it did take me awhile. But since I work second shift, it does make it difficult for me to attend events.

Just don't get passionate about the Political Threads and you will be fine. The Political Threads are the source of 99.9% of all bannings. Some people forget, it's just the internet.....It's not that important...

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    Well I certainly have my opinions on things and can get worked up (hopefully in a good way), I try to stay out of political stuff. I generally don't enough about politics to get involved.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    There will be more traffic when it gets colder. I don't post on a lot of threads because I haven't yet shot the gun they're asking about :rolleyes: or I don't really have anything to add to the conversation (someone else has already said what I was going to say) and I see no need to pad my post count. A lot of people read far more than they post. But women in the gun world are still not as common as they should be.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    Glad to hear that the traffic will pick up. I don't know a lot of women that shoot so it will be nice to maybe get to know or at least talk to them.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    No, but seriously, check out the OSUT. There's a few ladies that frequent there. Mom45, MrsG, Mbills.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...hread-part-142-back-future-2.html#post6136983

OK so not tosound like a dumb***, but since I am new and still learning INGO, I will ask away. I don't get it. people are just saying "in" or putting an emoji in the thread. What am I missing? What status update is that? I also don't get the use of purple text. Did I skip over reading about those things or am I just kind of obtuse?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The OSUT is just kind of our version of a chatroom. Check back in later. Purple text is used to indicate sarcasm.

It should have been in your handbook that came in your INGO welcome basket.

Top Bottom