• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Let me start by apologizing if this question is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it if there is a better forum for it. My father in law has an FFL for his residence, but also has a trucking company, so he is rarely around to do anything with his license. My wife and I are considering using the FFL to make transfers and try to earn him some extra income on the side (we would be operating as employees for him and all business would be conducted at the legal address on the FFL) but are not sure how exactly that would work. I( know that gun stores have an FFL and the employees are allowed to act as agents and call in the NICS check, but I do not know if there is additional paperwork required to allow them to do that. If there is anyone on here who could help us with these questions we would be grateful. It seems like a waste to have the FFL available and not being used.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Your father-in-law would need to list you as employees (or viable business partners) of the business with the BATFE. You must also make sure that your Father-in-Law is still up on his local business licenses as well (i.e. Indiana Sales Tax and License to sell Handguns)

He should know who his BATFE agent is, so have him give them a call and they can walk him through the process. The biggest issue for him, as the FFL holder, is to ensure that the business is being run legitimately and that all of his paperwork and financials are in proper and honest order.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Thanks for the info Coyote. I will have to discuss it with my father in law a little bit further. As I said, he has not done much with his license lately (he has had it since 92) so he would likely not know who his BATFE agent is, but we could find that information easily enough.

Top Bottom