• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    For those of you who have a profile on LinkedIN, I am engaging several anti-hunters in "debate", if you want to call it that. None of these people are equipped for debate. Seriously. Their entire argument is emotion. No data. No facts. No science. No answers or logic or even reason of any kind. Just name calling and emotion. If you care to join me on this one it's located at:

https://www.linkedin.com/nhome/upda...MMENTED_ON_RICH_MEDIA_UPDATE_YOU_COMMENTED_ON

Other than that, call this the INGO thread on combatting ignorance regarding modern wildlife management specifically hunting as a tool of the same.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't get into a fight with stupid people. They will drag you down and beat you with more experience.

But if I do have a rational talk with anti-hunters, I ask them what EXACTLY they've done to help animals. Usually its nothing or maybe a rally/protest of some kind. Usually, its nothing more than facebook posts, etc. I then tell them about the 1,000+ pounds of corn we haul up to our place to feed the deer every winter. Then I tell them about my memberships in Ducks Unlimited and Pheasants Forever and the banquets where I spend hundreds of dollars that goes toward improving habitat and creating a bigger, stronger population.

Never really works, but I know I've made my point. Hunters do more for the conservation of wildlife than the anti-crowd ever could hope to.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Don't get into a fight with stupid people. They will drag you down and beat you with more experience.

But if I do have a rational talk with anti-hunters, I ask them what EXACTLY they've done to help animals. Usually its nothing or maybe a rally/protest of some kind. Usually, its nothing more than facebook posts, etc. I then tell them about the 1,000+ pounds of corn we haul up to our place to feed the deer every winter. Then I tell them about my memberships in Ducks Unlimited and Pheasants Forever and the banquets where I spend hundreds of dollars that goes toward improving habitat and creating a bigger, stronger population.

Never really works, but I know I've made my point. Hunters do more for the conservation of wildlife than the anti-crowd ever could hope to.

Actually, if you keep the "debate" at a professional level and continue to offer facts and data in answer to emotion, others listening in hear things they wouldn't otherwise know. I've already had four connections with people because they were listening and thanked me for the information. I know died-in-the-wool liberals lead with their kindergarten emotion before actual thinking and research, but you never know who's listening. It's a perfect platform to get the information in the ears of others who truly want to know.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I love having rational conversations with people. I'm just usually the only one in the convo being rational and not emotional. Just because you have a different POV on something than someone else, doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it, lol. I don't get why people can't see that.

Good job, keep it up and maybe we can even get a convert or two out of it :)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I love having rational conversations with people. I'm just usually the only one in the convo being rational and not emotional. Just because you have a different POV on something than someone else, doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it, lol. I don't get why people can't see that.

Good job, keep it up and maybe we can even get a convert or two out of it :)

Man! Couldn't agree more. How in the world does one ever hope to change anyone's mind about anything by being a jerk? So far 55 people have chimed in. I just challenged the thread for anyone to bring data, evidence, papers, research, logic, anything other than emotion to the debate. So far, no takers. They just keep at it with name calling and emotion. I respond with science, reason, logic,...you know...DEBATE. A point of view. Something supporting that point of view other than emotion.

One guy asked a valid question about mule deer and elk, were they genetically related. Other than that - zero.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Since when is LinkedIn a forum for discussions or debates or posting personal pictures?

It's not. Guiding and Outfitting is a business. This particular Guiding and Outfitting Business posted a picture (product) on their page and 80+ people with no interest in that business began blasting the poor guy out of his seat. So...being the fair minded, logical, rational person I am, I waded in amongst the name callers and threateners to bring some civility, data, information and reason to the "debate".

Out of that effort I believe - thus far - I have one convert (she and I have talked off line), and one young lady that tried her feet standing for her new lifestyle for the first time (she's only been hunting for two years). I'll call that a big win for the right thinkers of the world.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I have engaged people occasionally on youtube. It can be very disheartening when someone goes on an emotional rant and talks about getting your meat from a grocery store where it's made and you know that's their real level of understanding of the food chain. :wallbash:

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    I refuse to argue with people on the internet too.

I work with many people from India. They have a saying there...

You can win an argument with a scholar but not a fool.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I refuse to argue with people on the internet too.

I work with many people from India. They have a saying there...

You can win an argument with a scholar but not a fool.

I like it.

By the way folks, the op pulled the picture and the thread. I guess he was getting too much negative attention to his business. It's too bad that a vocal minority can change things for the majority.

lionhunt64

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    At Close Range
    For those of you who have a profile on LinkedIN, I am engaging several anti-hunters in "debate", if you want to call it that. None of these people are equipped for debate. Seriously. Their entire argument is emotion. No data. No facts. No science. No answers or logic or even reason of any kind. Just name calling and emotion. If you care to join me on this one it's located at:

https://www.linkedin.com/nhome/upda...MMENTED_ON_RICH_MEDIA_UPDATE_YOU_COMMENTED_ON

Other than that, call this the INGO thread on combatting ignorance regarding modern wildlife management specifically hunting as a tool of the same.

Never approach a Horse from the rear, A bull from the front and Anti hunters from any Direction

Top Bottom