• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Obama was right...that money could have been used to buy a book or a vegetable...if only they'd been available.

:D

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    While I wouldn't rely on a Jimenez as an EDC mainly due to real issues with reliability, these are interesting handguns. There are a number of videos on YouTube documenting the history of the companies called the "Ring of Fire". There are a host of these all in some way descended from Raven Arms. I personally have a Davis Industries P380 as well as a Davis Derringer. I especially like these guns because the anti-gunner absolutely froth at the mouth over these guns. But it shows just how hypocritical these people are. The Raven, Davis, Lorcin, Jimenez, etc. are very inexpensive firearms but for many people, this is all they can afford. Should only expensive firearms be permitted (as was tried) which therefore deprives those without means to defend themselves? This is like outlawing any automobile that costs less than $50,000 and saying you're doing the world a favor by getting all those poorly made and inherently less safe autos off the road.

Nice find!

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    For 20 bucks I would take it...makes a fun range toy. Tune it to shoot light reloads and bam u got a shooter that should last.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    While I wouldn't rely on a Jimenez as an EDC mainly due to real issues with reliability, these are interesting handguns. There are a number of videos on YouTube documenting the history of the companies called the "Ring of Fire". There are a host of these all in some way descended from Raven Arms. I personally have a Davis Industries P380 as well as a Davis Derringer. I especially like these guns because the anti-gunner absolutely froth at the mouth over these guns. But it shows just how hypocritical these people are. The Raven, Davis, Lorcin, Jimenez, etc. are very inexpensive firearms but for many people, this is all they can afford. Should only expensive firearms be permitted (as was tried) which therefore deprives those without means to defend themselves? This is like outlawing any automobile that costs less than $50,000 and saying you're doing the world a favor by getting all those poorly made and inherently less safe autos off the road.

Nice find!

If I remember correctly, the "Ring of Fire" guns of which you speak (Raven, Lorcin, Jimminez, Davis Industries,...) were all part of a name-change game employed by the manufacturer just to stay in business.
    If it wasn't dodging lawsuits over "unfinished, unmarked (no serial number) guns slipping out the back door of the strip mall they were being produced in, they were changing the company name AGAIN to continue production of sub-standard firearms, since the old named ones kept blowing apart.
    No problem. Settle out-of-court, change the name, proceed to fleece the public. Business as usual.

In my opinion, not one of the aforementioned firearms are even safe to shoot.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I might have bought one for $20 just to see. But I would have made for sure it was from a gun store or a very VERY trusted personal friend.

A lot of those guns fall into the stereotypical Saturday Night Special / Throw away gun category.

Top Bottom