• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just got Robbed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    I joined a few years back and haven't really posted for quite awhile. Well, I got the bug, and decided to finally buy my first handgun. I came back to this board and started looking over the classifieds. Lots of glocks, lots of springfields, lots of taurus, and so on. Not very many FN handguns. And I took that as most FN owners want to keep them (whether that was right or not, who knows?). One of the ones I did see was gorgeous, FNP USG 9 in dark earth, but the owner was not willing to sell it. Only trades. Only saw one other in the first several pages.

Anyhow, not sure how how orthodox that method is, but that's what I went with. So after doing alot more reading on here and on other boards and watching a few videos on youtube, I decided on the FNX 40. The ambidextrous controls and decocking levers and external hammer are what sold me on it. Put it on layaway a couple weeks ago just to "commit" myself, and picked it up today at Plainfield SS.

I hope I made the right decision. It feels GREAT. Anyone else own one? Opinions?

My sister and her fiance will be in town this weekend. She is a Captain, West Point grad, and he is also a Captain and pilot. Looking to take them to the range and give this gun a go.

10qb7mf.jpg

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Congrats! Guns are like everything else, somebody loves it somebody hates it and somebody can't make up their mind. I have heard nothing but good things about FN. I have never owned an FN. If it feels good and goes bang everytime, you got the right gun.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    Awsome buy you'll love it it feels good in your Hans these are by far my personal favorite poly pistols I could have bought a hk usp 45 the fn grip feels soild in my hand a perfect match for me so I bought a fnp usg 45 .........then bought a fnx 9 lol....... I love them hopefully the military adopts the usg45 as their service pistol

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Congrats on your purchase and welcome back to INGO. As already mentioned if it fits you good and goes bang every time you can't go wrong.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on your purchase! Fine choice :yesway:

The most important thing is that it feels good to you. It is your gun so your opinion is what matters most, but FN makes a fine weapon.

samo975

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Looks like i am 4 days late to the party...but I just have to say that I love FN products. If I were to buy a pistol it would without a doubt be a fnx!
    I own the FS2000 and it has performed flawlessly :)

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    FN makes good stuff. I have a SCAR and love it. I would like to get a FNX in 9mm in the future. Congrats on the purchace, it is a nice piece.

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    Very cool! I just bought my second handgun about 2 weeks ago after not having one for about 10 years. I did a lot of reading too before I bought and ended up with a XD .40 sc. So far I'm happy with the choice. Sounds like you made the right choice for you, that's what counts. Enjoy.

Just got Robbed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Thanks, guys. Took it to the range at pop guns sunday, and put a couple hundred rounds through it. Love it. Doesn't seem to have much more recoil than my buddy's XD9. My sister's fiance was a better shot with it than i was at first, tho. I just had to get used to the sights. I was a better shot with the little 22 rifle he rented. Put 200 rounds through the pistol and 300 through the rifle. Good times. Now I gotta decide what range to buy a membership at.

Top Bottom