• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I've got one on order through local Henry Gold dealer, but its going on 4 months. Popped in rural king last night and they had one, but at a higher price. Decided over night that I was tired of waiting. Went back this morning and picked it up. :) Like everyone says, the action is butter smooth, unlike my Winchester. trigger is crisp, and at 3 lbs, its half of my winchester. the fiber optic sights are awesome. even my old eyes can clearly see the 3 dots. I struggled with the buckhorn sights on my winchester, hence the scope. the guys on youtube were right, it holds 8 rds of 357. not 7 like Henry's web site says. 9 rds of 38 spcl. put 80 rds of 357 and 20 of 38 spcl through it today trouble free. still got some tweeking to do with the sights. I forgot my rifle rest. I'll probably end up with an optic on it, either a red dot, or the Leupold 2.5X that is on my winchester. not sure what I'll do when I get the one on order. thinking about keeping it and getting a walnut stock for it, who knows.

DSC_3722w.jpg

DSC_3725w.jpg

DSC_3736w.jpg

DSC_3739w.jpg

here it is with the winchester, which I'll probably put on gunbroker. they're getting big money.

DSC_3742w.jpg

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've got one on order through local Henry Gold dealer, but its going on 4 months. Popped in rural king last night and they had one, but at a higher price. Decided over night that I was tired of waiting. Went back this morning and picked it up. :) Like everyone says, the action is butter smooth, unlike my Winchester. trigger is crisp, and at 3 lbs, its half of my winchester. the fiber optic sights are awesome. even my old eyes can clearly see the 3 dots. I struggled with the buckhorn sights on my winchester, hence the scope. the guys on youtube were right, it holds 8 rds of 357. not 7 like Henry's web site says. 9 rds of 38 spcl. put 80 rds of 357 and 20 of 38 spcl through it today trouble free. still got some tweeking to do with the sights. I forgot my rifle rest. I'll probably end up with an optic on it, either a red dot, or the Leupold 2.5X that is on my winchester. not sure what I'll do when I get the one on order. thinking about keeping it and getting a walnut stock for it, who knows.

View attachment 256849

View attachment 256850

View attachment 256851

View attachment 256852

here it is with the winchester, which I'll probably put on gunbroker. they're getting big money.

View attachment 256854
    Well now you've done it.
    Before you know it, you'll have a half dozen Henry's.
    Ask me how I know...

JayKay75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2022
    Michigan City

View attachment 256849

View attachment 256850

View attachment 256851

View attachment 256852

View attachment 256854
    BEAUTIFUL. I need to get me a Henry. I get the catalog in the mail

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010

View attachment 256849

View attachment 256850

View attachment 256851

View attachment 256852

View attachment 256854
    Nice grab there nipprdog. If you would've waited any longer it would surely have been gone. I've only see one on the shelf the past two years and I hesitated...it was gone the next day when I went back. I definitely want that .357-X myself someday. Thanks for the great review and hope you enjoy it. Post a followup pic when you chose your optic.

How easy was it reloading on the fly thru the side gate to top it off?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Nice grab there nipprdog. If you would've waited any longer it would surely have been gone. I've only see one on the shelf the past two years and I hesitated...it was gone the next day when I went back. I definitely want that .357-X myself someday. Thanks for the great review and hope you enjoy it. Post a followup pic when you chose your optic.

How easy was it reloading on the fly thru the side gate to top it off?

The gate was a little stiff at first, but loosened up after a while.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Just got back from a quick range trip, with my rifle rest this time.
    ;)
    got it sighted in and all 3 screws loctited.(blue) I just can't get over how smooth the action and trigger are.
    :D

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Nice! Have a pair of 357 lever actions - a Marlin 1894 and a Henry Big Boy Silver. The Marlin shoots pretty good but the Henry is the more accurate rifle with a variety of different loads.

tgeorge21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Feet
    Such a nice rifle! I have a lowly Henry 22 but it is my favorite rifle. I bought a chiappa 44 lever action against all recommendations, but it was cheap and yeah it sucked and I sold it. Henry for life!

tnboy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2023
    Fort Wayne IN

View attachment 256849

View attachment 256850

View attachment 256851

View attachment 256852

View attachment 256854
    Congrats that is an awesome purchase! I have a .44 Magnum Big Boy and i absolutely love it!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Such a nice rifle! I have a lowly Henry 22 but it is my favorite rifle. I bought a chiappa 44 lever action against all recommendations, but it was cheap and yeah it sucked and I sold it. Henry for life!
    I have the Henry Frontier 22 lr. Fine Rifle 22 lr gets a lot of things done on the homestead. I think it is one of the most versatile rifles out there.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Congratulations!! beautiful gun, I'll take the Winchester!...lol Never owned a Henry, but held one at the NRAAM in 2019, yes, the actions were butter smooth!! Hope you have many years of shooting with that heirloom!!

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Rural King in Angola had a Henry in 44mag last night. I was afraid to handle it because I didn’t want to spend $950 at the moment. Beautiful gun! (I’m 99% it was a 44, I was reading the tag from the side)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    installed the Ranger Point Precision scope rail. and as they claim, you can still use the iron sights.

DSC_3770w.jpg

added the hammer extension from Carlsons

https://www.choketube.com/accessories/henry-rifle-hammer-expanders/

took the 2.5X Leupold off the winchester and mounted it with Warne Quick Detach rings, which are excellent.

DSC_3778w.jpg

DSC_3780w.jpg

took it out today and zeroed it at 25yds. next time out I think I'll try a red dot on it.

Top Bottom