• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I have been wanting a tablet for some time now just for diddling around and not messing wih the laptop. So last week I traded my kel tec p32 for a samsung galaxy note 8.0 that was still factory sealed. I think I got a smoking deal. So now Im just wondering what you tablet users consider must-have apps for either just entertainment or productivity, etc. As I said I dont use it for business or anything, just another tech gadget to play with...

Thamks ahead of time.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Um let's see, trading a gun for a tablet. I'd prolly look for a man card app first. Or a good carry holster for it. Did it come with a Starbucks gift card? (Purple implied as needed)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With one tablet you could get 5 commandments on it. You would require a second to get the full 10. :D

Merry Christmas!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I use Iheartradio as a daily alarm along with Timely as a secondary alarm, timer, etc. I stream a lot of radio and video, the Android YouTube app is pretty slick. For $35 a Chromecast pairs up with it handily to transfer video to your TV's. I use Evernote as the predominant note interface between desktop, tablet and phone.
    Google has a whole bunch of apps;
    Maps
    Drive
    Keep
    Picasa
    Hangouts just started handling texts. I use the Mightytext app also to send/receive texts using my phone number from my desktop and tablet.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Surfing, reading ebooks, games, email, etc. As bwframe mentioned, Evernote is fantastic. I use it mostly to keep a bunch of notes I need to remember (size of the blinds in my house, addresses, books or movies I want and such). I also use it to keep my grocery list, which works really well. I can type up the list on my PC or tablet and have the list on my phone when I'm at the store. Very handy. Tons of other possibilities, all determined by what you want to use it for.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Amazon app
    ebay app
    YouVersion (bible)
    flipboard (try it, you'll love it)
    Facebook
    Youtube
    Hotspot Shield VPN
    Advanced Task manager
    Aldiko (like Kindle app, another reader)
    Kindle App
    Overdrive Media Console (allows you to borrow and read e-books from Marion Co Library or most any library)
    Brass Badger (searches WalMart inventories for ammo and designed by an INGO member)
    Dropbox (catch-all for misc stuff)

Enjoy! I love mine!

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    For those of you with constructive answers...thank you. As far as the be mad for trading a gun for a p32...it was a pos p32. Plus, if I was worried about resale value, don't you think I would worry about resale value on guns other than a $200 gun? Thanks again for the helpful comments guys and merry Christmas

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Um let's see, trading a gun for a tablet. I'd prolly look for a man card app first. Or a good carry holster for it. Did it come with a Starbucks gift card? (Purple implied as needed)

It was a Kel Tec P32. The tablet will be more useful in an SD situation than the .32 would be.

I have a Samsung tablet and use it a lot for surfing, videos, reading (kindle software is free and books are relatively cheap as well) and mapping. When going on a trip, I'll preload maps of the route and use the tablet to monitor traffic via smart phone WiFi sharing. For to do lists, I use a website called Toodledoo.com. I run DGT GTD on my phone and tablet to sync with the websight and maintain my to do lists for anything from work to household stuff to car parts needs. It's nice to have when you are in the middle of a junk yard and find a fresh car that just arrived. You can pull the phone app up and check you list to see what all you need for a certain vehicle or restoration project.

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    I bought the $99 8" nextbook at Wallyworld. Couldn't figure out how to get the keyboard to come up for the Daily Jumble and some other stuff, so I ordered this custom case with a keyboard from Amazon. Love it for when my laptop is tied up or when I go somewhere and need to kill time. Happy Holidays!!!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I played around with my Kindle Fire for about 2 months before realizing that it was just another "fad". It sits on top of my TV now, it's sole use is to play Pandora over my surround sound when I remember that it is there. If I want a quick app for something, I pull out my phone. If I want to do something my phone isn't suited for, I go to the laptop. :dunno:

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Download the Amazon Appstore app and you can get a $5 credit when you purchase an app before the 28th. This includes the free app of the day - which today is Angry Birds Star Wars. Details here.

I've got the free version of Strelok for use at the range.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Numbers of great usable apps, but I'll just list one. GolfGPS or one of the many like it. Shows your position on a satellite view with range rings around your position and/or a cross-hair to drag around. Start knowing what different ranges look like to increase the accuracy of range guess-timations. I know from my driveway to the corner of the next block is 158 yards for instance. I'm measuring distances all the time with it.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Can't really comment on what to put on a tablet since I don't have one. I use my phone 98% of the time and laptop the other 2%.

The apps I use the most:
    Brightest flashlight
    GasBuddy
    Maps
    TV Guide
    Weather Channel

I obviously use Browser frequently, also.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Numbers of great usable apps, but I'll just list one. GolfGPS or one of the many like it. Shows your position on a satellite view with range rings around your position and/or a cross-hair to drag around. Start knowing what different ranges look like to increase the accuracy of range guess-timations. I know from my driveway to the corner of the next block is 158 yards for instance. I'm measuring distances all the time with it.

That's a great idea!

Top Bottom