• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Buddy built it for me and yes I know the stars and stripes are not correct, it needed to be a certain size at the time. And no I do not store guns in there when I'm gone so don't try to figure out where I live ;)

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'd rather it was displayed with some errors by someone who cares about freedom than correctly by someone who "claims they are for freedom, but..."

Totally agreed. And I really, really dig this, nicely done! One of my favorites I saw in a thread here awhile back (it was all about hidden gun stashes) was a hiding place behind a stair step. You really wouldn't know it was there unless you knew it was there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At least the intent is there with red on top and bottom. Its close enough in my book as art.

Looks awesome!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I've seen this somewhere else before. :)

AhPt8aB.jpg

It's a great idea to hide things in plain sight!

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    I'll bet if the Constitution was displayed without the 1st & 2nd amendments all you art lovers wouldn't mind a bit. You obviously haven't thought about life without them. Don't for one minute ever take any of them for granted. They are all precious & deserve to be dislpayed properly. Save your artsy smartsy for the county fair.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll bet if the Constitution was displayed without the 1st & 2nd amendments all you art lovers wouldn't mind a bit. You obviously haven't thought about life without them. Don't for one minute ever take any of them for granted. They are all precious & deserve to be dislpayed properly. Save your artsy smartsy for the county fair.

Cool story bro, I bet you like my avatar too. :)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Relax Francis!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Do you get bent out of shape about flag pattern bunting, too?

You do understand the difference between the Constitution and a representation of the Constitution, right? If you see the Constitution in a political cartoon, on a shirt, on a poster, etc its probably just going to be a scroll with "We the People" being words and the rest just squiggles. Same goes for flags. This isn't a flag. Its a wooden box. It has a representation of a flag on it. A symbol of a symbol, if you will.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No matter how hard a person tries, how much effort they put into it or how much respect a person puts into a display of the flag, a code nazi somewhere will ***** about it.

Rather than trying to show your respect only to have it cut down, it's easier to just not display it at all.

remington870

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Hebron
    Nicely done. There was a guy at the Indy 1500 selling them. I believe he wanted somewhere in the ballpark of $550-$600 for one like that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My impression of the box.

The OP could have chosen to put anything on it that he wanted. A family portrait, random artwork, you name it. Instead he chose to put the American Flag on it. Don't know if it's hand painted or what but it obviously took effort. Then he hung it prominently on the wall of his own personal living space.

Why would someone go through all that trouble only to have to look at something he hated every day? The only thing I can take away is that his intentions were to show the flag respect.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    My impression of the box.

The OP could have chosen to put anything on it that he wanted. A family portrait, random artwork, you name it. Instead he chose to put the American Flag on it. Don't know if it's hand painted or what but it obviously took effort. Then he hung it prominently on the wall of his own personal living space.

Why would someone go through all that trouble only to have to look at something he hated every day? The only thing I can take away is that his intentions were to show the flag respect.

I would have to agree. Nice effort. One can tell that a lot of work went into creating that piece. Nicely done.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dorjan jackson
    Top Bottom