• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Found a g23 gen 4 for 475. The gun store owner lowered the price to 450 for me. Has very light holster rash on the slide and comes with everything from factory. Did i get a good deal?

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    For a Gen 4 from a store, I would think that's a decent deal. New ones are around 550 I think so 100 off isn't bad. Plus if you are comfortable with the price, IMO, you are good.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just checked ZX gun. New 23 gen 4 is $539. They have some sales from time to time with the prices down to $499-479. You didn't get ripped off by a long shot although you didn't get a steal either.

Good gun for a fair price. Enjoy it.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Good gun! Sounds like a decent price. If you are happy, then that is what counts.

I would recommend getting an after-market stainless recoil spring guide rod myself, as they hold out longer than the factory plastic guide rods. (Some assembly required, but easy to do) Also night sights are good, if it doesn't have them already.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Nice!

I wish my LGS did layaway, I'd probably spend more money there. Then again, when I asked, I believe it was before I had made any large purchases there... now that I've bought a couple guns there, maybe I should ask again. :)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I am considering a Glock for my next firearm. I am leaning toward the G23 as my new CCW but am considering a 27 & 26 as possibilities. I need to get in and grab ahold of each.

JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I am considering a Glock for my next firearm. I am leaning toward the G23 as my new CCW but am considering a 27 & 26 as possibilities. I need to get in and grab ahold of each.

I was gonna get the 17 but it got sold before i got there but the owner gave me the 23 for the same price but at first i wasnt 100% set on the 23 but after all that happened i wanted it....couldnt pass on the price. As for the 27 and 26 definitely was not for me....too big of hands lol

JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Good gun! Sounds like a decent price. If you are happy, then that is what counts.

I would recommend getting an after-market stainless recoil spring guide rod myself, as they hold out longer than the factory plastic guide rods. (Some assembly required, but easy to do) Also night sights are good, if it doesn't have them already.

I thought about upgrading the guide rod. One thing i really want is a plug for the hole thays next to the mag. Ive seen flush plugs but i want a plug that will sit flush with the mag and the only one i found that is like that is the storage plug but i dont see myself using the storage so i thought of getting it if i cant find a solid slug and just glue the door shut on it since idk how well the door will stay shut.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought about upgrading the guide rod. One thing i really want is a plug for the hole thays next to the mag. Ive seen flush plugs but i want a plug that will sit flush with the mag and the only one i found that is like that is the storage plug but i dont see myself using the storage so i thought of getting it if i cant find a solid slug and just glue the door shut on it since idk how well the door will stay shut.

Using glue?????

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the G23. I think the price is pretty good for a Gen 4. I think you'll come to love the G23 as the perfect balance of caliber, concealability and capacity. It really is the no-compromise gun for EDC.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Found a g23 gen 4 for 475. The gun store owner lowered the price to 450 for me. Has very light holster rash on the slide and comes with everything from factory. Did i get a good deal?

Excellent...and congrats on the G23! I have a Gen II and I absolutely love it!

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    Congrats on the G23. I think the price is pretty good for a Gen 4. I think you'll come to love the G23 as the perfect balance of caliber, concealability and capacity. It really is the no-compromise gun for EDC.
    I agree with this. I feel the g23 is perfect all around.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Are you set on 40? If not, I'd look at the 19. I've been through all the various Glock calibers and models, and while I still have a couple of 23's, the 19 and the 26 are what I carry.

I thought about upgrading the guide rod. One thing i really want is a plug for the hole that's next to the mag. Ive seen flush plugs but i want a plug that will sit flush with the mag and the only one i found that is like that is the storage plug but i dont see myself using the storage so i thought of getting it if i cant find a solid slug and just glue the door shut on it since idk how well the door will stay shut.

Shoot it before you upgrade anything. There is no reason to mess with the guide rod and upgrade yourself into some possible failures. Buy an extra OEM guide rod and throw it in your parts bin in case you ever need it, if you want to spend the money on something. As far as the grip plugs, there is a reason the ones for the Gen 4 are not flush and that is to allow the backstraps to be used. Some plugs do not allow the Gen 4 backstraps to be used, so pay attention to that when you are looking at them.

After you shoot it, and if you intend to carry it, start looking at night sights. I'd suggest the Trijicon HD's. If you don't have one, look into a good gun belt and a good holster, then buy a bunch of mags, and a bunch of ammo... then shoot the thing alot.

Top Bottom