• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Are you set on 40? If not, I'd look at the 19. I've been through all the various Glock calibers and models, and while I still have a couple of 23's, the 19 and the 26 are what I carry.

Shoot it before you upgrade anything. There is no reason to mess with the guide rod and upgrade yourself into some possible failures. Buy an extra OEM guide rod and throw it in your parts bin in case you ever need it, if you want to spend the money on something. As far as the grip plugs, there is a reason the ones for the Gen 4 are not flush and that is to allow the backstraps to be used. Some plugs do not allow the Gen 4 backstraps to be used, so pay attention to that when you are looking at them.

After you shoot it, and if you intend to carry it, start looking at night sights. I'd suggest the Trijicon HD's. If you don't have one, look into a good gun belt and a good holster, then buy a bunch of mags, and a bunch of ammo... then shoot the thing alot.

Yea i had thought about the back strap issue and wondered if it would interfere....ill probably skip on the plug then. Yea i plan on carrying it i used to carry an sd40ve and i had a really ****ty belt....so i went to walmart and found a very nice thick and wide leather belt and WOW what a difference. Much nicer!!!! I wanted a glock 17 the store had but they sold it before i got there and my next choice was a 22 or 23 and they gave me the 23 for the price of the 17. The only reason i wanted the 17 is 9mm is cheaper to buy. But as far as the sights go ive heard that from everyone! If i upgrade em are they hard to install and will it still be sighted in perfect?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yea i had thought about the back strap issue and wondered if it would interfere....ill probably skip on the plug then. Yea i plan on carrying it i used to carry an sd40ve and i had a really ****ty belt....so i went to walmart and found a very nice thick and wide leather belt and WOW what a difference. Much nicer!!!! I wanted a glock 17 the store had but they sold it before i got there and my next choice was a 22 or 23 and they gave me the 23 for the price of the 17. The only reason i wanted the 17 is 9mm is cheaper to buy. But as far as the sights go ive heard that from everyone! If i upgrade em are they hard to install and will it still be sighted in perfect?

If you think that was a difference, order a Daltech Force BioBelt and step up to something that is really amazing. Personally I wouldn't make my caliber decision solely on price of ammo although that is a factor. Pick what you can shoot well and is an effective caliber. I found that I shoot 9mm better than the 40.

Yes, if you upgrade the sights it should be fine. Many shops will install them for free if you buy them there. Helps to have a sight pusher, but not really a price effective purchase if you are not going to be installing sights very often.

I really don't have much interest in the 17/22. The 19/23 is the perfect carry size and shoots well. The 26 is also a great size to carry and shoots well. I did not really carry for the .40 in the subcompact 27. They can all use the larger full sized mags, and share holsters.

JoshSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    If you think that was a difference, order a Daltech Force BioBelt and step up to something that is really amazing. Personally I wouldn't make my caliber decision solely on price of ammo although that is a factor. Pick what you can shoot well and is an effective caliber. I found that I shoot 9mm better than the 40.

Yes, if you upgrade the sights it should be fine. Many shops will install them for free if you buy them there. Helps to have a sight pusher, but not really a price effective purchase if you are not going to be installing sights very often.

I really don't have much interest in the 17/22. The 19/23 is the perfect carry size and shoots well. The 26 is also a great size to carry and shoots well. I did not really carry for the .40 in the subcompact 27. They can all use the larger full sized mags, and share holsters.

Well so far all i have shot was 40 and didnt mind it. Ive never shot 9mm. My buddy has a glock 19 that he was gonna let me shoot sometime....i figure if i shoot the 9mm better i could always see if he wants to trade haha. Will they sight it in as well you think?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Amen to the Glock 19 and 23. Have a 19, Gen 2 I bought in the Clinton years (came with those beloved 10 rnd mags....damn liberals) put a Crimson trace grip laser on it, the wife loves it!!! This was my excuse to get another one in Gen 3.

Top Bottom