• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've been paying off a Sig Sauer P238 Equinox on layaway for two months and just brought it home from BGF yesterday evening. I plan on taking it to the range within the next two weeks to start breaking her in.

The main reason for this handgun is to get my lady comfortable with shooting and see if she'd be interested in getting her LTCH then going from there. I hope she's as excited as I am to take this to the range but either way I look forward to testing out my first .380. Sig pron below, thanks for lookin!

P238_zps229fad43.jpg

P2382_zps5f34c58c.jpeg

P2383_zpsdd6b8884.jpeg

P2384_zps66171509.jpeg

DecaturGB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    That is one "sweet" Sig you have there. I certainly wish I would have held out for one these versus the LCP. Enjoy your time at the range!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I had one of these, one of the nicest shooting guns I have ever owned. After some thought gave it up for 9mm, though.

Did have a few issues with slide stop, but Sig fixed it quite rapidly, paying express both ways.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I had one of these, one of the nicest shooting guns I have ever owned. After some thought gave it up for 9mm, though.

Did have a few issues with slide stop, but Sig fixed it quite rapidly, paying express both ways.

When I started looking for a smaller frame gun I was considering the P938, I normally carry a 9mm Glock 19 and am quite fond of that caliber in general, but my girlfriend liked the idea of a .380. We got to test fire a few different calibers to see what she would be most comfortable with and she decided to go with the P238 after looking around the gun shop.

In the future, I might get a P938 since it still appeals to me so much.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Very good choice for a lady. My wife really liked my P238. She shot it very well. Mine is the plain black Nitron. She picked out the rainbow. I won the bid on gunbroker and will pick it up Monday or Tuesday.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Purchased the P238 for my wife a few months ago. We have ran a couple of hundred rounds through it without any problems. Nice high quality Sig. The wife is very satisfied with it. I have since purchased the Sig P938 for me. I am pleased with it also. I had previously acquired the Ruger LCP and LC9. Will probably keep the LC9 as I really like it's ergonomics. Will probably sell he LCP as I do not like the sights or the lack of a manual safety.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    The lady and I took the P238 to BGF's range yesterday and put 400 rounds through it without a problem. I took my Glock 19 and Mosin Nagant 91/30 for a little extra fun. It was the funniest thing, she was nervous while shooting the traditional target pictured below but when we put a zombie target up she had no problem and wasn't nervous at all :laugh: Also, a big +1 to Gary, fella manning the range yesterday, for paying for her zombie target and all the BGF staff.

NP238BGF_zps1ba8d1bd.jpeg

NP238BGFT_zps4f23272a.jpeg

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Did you get to choose the model of P238 or did you just get what they had? My wife wants a P238, but shockingly enough is picky about colors.

I didn't get to choose we were just lucky they had the design we both liked. It was one of two p238's that they had. The other was a "special" with playing cards engraved on the top of the slide. I don't know if they can order the one you want or not.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    P238 is on my very short list for an EDC. Right now I have nothing suitable.
    I've carried it around the house in a holster in the pocket of my basketball shorts and it's very comfortable and hardly noticeable. I'm use to carrying a Glock 19 with me around the house and this smaller pistol just makes it a little more comfortable to have something on me at all times while knowing I can make it to my safe if I need more firepower.

Top Bottom