• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That's because it's not made by Sig. It's made by Umarex. Unless I am mistaken?

I think manufacture is contracted to GSG. Maybe GSG and Umarex are one in the same.

Umarex makes the Walther P22 as well as several other .22 clones. There seems to be a growing market for these types of guns. Why not, they look cool are cheaper to buy and a lot less to shoot. Besides finding a place to plink tin cans with a rimfire is a lot easier.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I am guessing it's simply a side-effect of the size of the round versus the inertia of the slide and other parts.

Maybe a lighter recoil spring would help?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Love my Mosquito

Mine works great with Federal bulk ammo but will not run a magazine of Winchester bulk without problems. I regularly shoot 300+ in an afternoon with no problems. Yes, I did polish the feed ramp and the throat of the barrel. The Mosquito does come with two springs, a light and a heavy. Be sure you use the correct one.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I shoot a Mosquito and started having failures. I noticed the feed ramp was white. It appeared to be wax. I was shooting CCI ammo. I could use my finger nail to flick-off the coating on the jacket. I called CCI and they had me return the ammo and found a manufacturing error where the round was over lubercated. They sent me six 100 rounds packages and a nice letter. Otherwise I've never had a feed problem with the Mosquito. Also, while I'm at it. The ammunition I purchased was after Obama's election and ammo was flying off the shelf faster than the stores could get it off the trucks. I bought Winchester bulk pack 38 special and it stuck in my revolver. The case rim was out of spec (to thick) and wouldn't let the cylinder rotate. So, I suspect there is a lot of defective ammo sold.

Top Bottom