• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reload4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I have a Finnish M27 barreled action and dont know what to do with it. Can anyone out there give me some ideas or places to get the original stock for this? How hard are the m27-66 stocks to come by? I've got enough stuff to make a sniper rifle but maybe I should go with something more modern. Any suggestions or constructive comments would help.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My personal preference would be to to just restore the stock. Strip the wood down, fill any dents, sand, an put on a new finish such as Truoil or something along those lines. Im just partial to the old wood stocks on those guns

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I have a good feeling an original stock will be very pricey and almost impossible to find. Options out there, maybe an ATI monte carlo might fit. Plus tracking down the bolt and all the mag pieces and the other little small parts will be fun. I say throw it up on gunbroker starting at a dollar and sit back & watch the feeding frenzy.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Do you have the old stock? If so, how handy are you?

You could try making your own stock. Not as easy as it sounds. but you could try.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    M27

Please don't drill and tap this rifle, There are a lot of collectors that would pay pretty good money for it as it is.

You could probably get 2 91/30's or more for your barreled action, if it has the bolt and major components as you describe it. If It is a hard to find date, it's hard telling it might go for more. There are few M27 stocks, but some guys have poor conditioned rifles with a good stock they would put a good action in.

But it is yours, so do what makes you happy.

I have put several nice finns together a piece at a time, so I know where you are coming from..lol..

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    stock

My personal preference would be to to just restore the stock. Strip the wood down, fill any dents, sand, an put on a new finish such as Truoil or something along those lines. Im just partial to the old wood stocks on those guns

Nothing wrong with that as it is your rifle to do that to, but almost every military rifle that is refinished will cut the value in half or more. example is the current market for K-98's, all original parts and untouched stocks on a common date rifle is reaching $2,000. if the stock is sanded or refinished, they will be $700-$800 or so. It really cuts down that much.

I'm not talking the common 91/30, I do not think they will ever be more than shooters, but a special rifle or a Finn, it does hurt a lot.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    You could use a M39 stock if you can't find an original. Shouldn't require more than some minor fitting. If you're able to do more fitting, then a 91/30 stock could be modified to fit. Would need the fore end shortened, nose cap fitted and the barrel channel enlarged.

Top Bottom