• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    That's two threads today heralding the availability of Fiocci SP primers from two different sources (Graf and Midway) in 12K lots.

I wonder if the same thing will happen with CCI primers and .22LR when they become available? Flood gates open and we go from ZERO to OODLES overnight.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    That actually is a pretty good price at $23.75/1000 shipped. Shibumiseeker, you can buy up to 60,000 at a time. Been a while since I've read the guidelines for storing that many primers but if you buy in that quantity regularly I'm sure you are aware as I am sure is your local ATF agent. :D

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It was heartbreaking for me to read this. I've got some small pistol magnum primers that I don't really want to reload in 9mm since their magnums and I've been looking for small pistol primers for a long time. I'd love to buy a 1000 primers, but I'm one of those guys that once brass cased 9mm gets near $10 per 50 again, I'll be done reloading 9mm until the next panic.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    That actually is a pretty good price at $23.75/1000 shipped. Shibumiseeker, you can buy up to 60,000 at a time. Been a while since I've read the guidelines for storing that many primers but if you buy in that quantity regularly I'm sure you are aware as I am sure is your local ATF agent. :D

I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek because I don't use many SPP and I know some people who think more than 1k primers or 1lb of powder is a lot. I do, however, buy SRP, LRP, and LPP in those quantities at once (usually more, actually, I try to max out the hazmat fee), and I can assure you I am well aware of the NFPA guidelines and BATFE regulations regarding storage of powder and primers. I also do not live in an urban or suburban area and my storage situation, exceeds those. I did once buy 75k primers in one shipment, but only about 40k of those were mine.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can assure you I am well aware of the NFPA guidelines and BATFE regulations regarding storage of powder and primers.

Just curious, but could you give the details on those laws. I have no idea and I'm just curious how many primers, how many pounds of powder etc. are considered to be legal in your private home. I'm genuinely curious, because once this panic buying dies down I'd like to get some 8# jugs of Ramshot TAC amongst other things, if the budget will allow. I'd like to know where the cutoff is in simple terms and I'm sure others here would benefit as well.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I'm surprised that nobody on INGO has offered to place an order and then re-sell to fellow INGOers in smaller lots. Even with shipping for the small lots, it would still be a decent deal for everyone. Sort of like a group buy with only one person in the group buying. :D

I'd do it, but my wife has given me strict instructions to NOT put anything else on the credit card until later this month ... :(

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just curious, but could you give the details on those laws. I have no idea and I'm just curious how many primers, how many pounds of powder etc. are considered to be legal in your private home. I'm genuinely curious, because once this panic buying dies down I'd like to get some 8# jugs of Ramshot TAC amongst other things, if the budget will allow. I'd like to know where the cutoff is in simple terms and I'm sure others here would benefit as well.

I just happened to provide these for someone else in pm...
    Here's the BATFE:

http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/newsletters/fel/fel-newsletter-2011-12.pdf

Page 4.

Here's NFPA:
    Alliant Powder - Storage & Handling

http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/download/SAAMI_ITEM_201-Primers.pdf

Happy reading.
    As I replied to the pm:

The thing is, it's not illegal per se on a federal level (but may be on a local level), but if your house burns down then insurance has a great excuse to avoid paying, and if someone gets injured then your liability has increased.

There are actually no powder or primers in my house, but then as I said in-thread, I have facilities for storage...

Top Bottom