• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I hope that fire chief gets the opportunity to repay that officer his kindness but something tells me his professionalism wouldn't allow it.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I hope that fire chief gets the opportunity to repay that officer his kindness but something tells me his professionalism wouldn't allow it.

He could park a Fire truck in the officers front lawn to "test the nearby hydrants". But yeah, he seems like a good guy and wont be doing anything other than fighting the ticket, as he should.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    NYSP are wound pretty tight. No surprise there.

Yeah, troops everwhere seem much more than willing to mess with firefighters/emts than most cops, even when there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to. I personally subscribe to the philosophy of not screwing with the people who will be attempting keep me alive if things go south unless there is a damn good reason and I'm not even a cop. Perhaps I'm just more in touch with my mortality???

That said, the below gave me a hell of a laugh...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYxz_uvtSI[/ame]

Best

Joe

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LC6oqLhbr0]YouTube - Cops arrest a Fire Department Captain while on a call[/ame]

I've had my fair share of this type of situation with let say (not so local P.D.) in the past 15 yrs of service in Indy.

Power goes to some peoples heads and chokes of what intelligence might be there. Here we have a fire chief doing what he's paid to do and a trooper who decides that he is "the law". Wonder if he'd have given him a ticket under the same circumstances if the victim were a fellow officer?

Fire Chief Gets Ticket Helping Injured Woman - WPIX

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Not only is this stupid, but it may also be a violation of the law. The police officer in both these situations appears to be interfering with the firefighters' performance of their duty.

It was a long time ago, and I was pretty green, but my recollection of a multiple fatality accident with entrapment. Trooper A told the fire captain to move the engine truck off the road. The fire captain tried to explain there were tools on the apparatus necessary for them to safely do their job. The fire captain then told trooper B to remove trooper A from his emergency scene until it was released to the police. There were no further problems after that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    ISP? I would be VERY surprised if it was IMPD. We always work well with fire/ems for the most part. State gets really antsy when traffic is shut down. Us, we could care less if that is what is needed to make the scene safe.
    I had to take a detour a few weeks ago because our sheriffs blocked off a two lane rd to make it safe for the firemen taking care of someone who ran into a pole. Made my trip a bit longer, but I didn't care. The folks in that accident got taken care of.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    ISP? I would be VERY surprised if it was IMPD. We always work well with fire/ems for the most part. State gets really antsy when traffic is shut down. Us, we could care less if that is what is needed to make the scene safe.
    Yeah even out here in the sticks we sometimes have that problem with ISP...
    It seems almost like the State might just come to screeching halt if the raod is closed for more than 3-5 minutes with some of them...
    Not only is this stupid, but it may also be a violation of the law. The police officer in both these situations appears to be interfering with the firefighters' performance of their duty.

It was a long time ago, and I was pretty green, but my recollection of a multiple fatality accident with entrapment. Trooper A told the fire captain to move the engine truck off the road. The fire captain tried to explain there were tools on the apparatus necessary for them to safely do their job. The fire captain then told trooper B to remove trooper A from his emergency scene until it was released to the police. There were no further problems after that.
    And that is how you do that...
    Officer can you please remove the Officer from MY Scene... :D
    I had to take a detour a few weeks ago because our sheriffs blocked off a two lane rd to make it safe for the firemen taking care of someone who ran into a pole. Made my trip a bit longer, but I didn't care. The folks in that accident got taken care of.
    We have a GREAT working relationship with Our Local Sheriffs Dept here. It is not uncommon for the Deputies to Yield Right of Ways to the Volunteers running Blue Lights...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, what a ****ing joke...Chief was helping an injured woman and the PO(S) makes him take the time to give him his license and registration?

That douche bag needs to be fired.

BTW, does anyone know how injured the lady was at the time Officer Barbrady was issuing a citation?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I hope the judge toss the case out and recommends that the LEO gets FIRE!
    EPIC FAIL!

Top Bottom