• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Well, I guess since this thread has not been bumped, there are very few people who really care if a new person stays or goes.

Bump THIS thread with a comment, THEN go to the other thread had rep the OP. That's the idea anyway. Perhaps it is not catching on. I taught him how to use the ignore list in the CP, so hopefully he will stay and just ignore the perverts who harassed him.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I hope he stays, because I hate to see anyone get ran off. I'm not going to rep him for it though, that's really not the idea behind it. Although at this point the rep system is sort of useless. Oh well.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Typically I only rep for those posts which I believe contribute to the forum, not someone's post about getting all upset because a few members treated him unfairly.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    He is held to the same standards as the rest of us! So why make him feel special for getting butt hurt and wanting to leave ? He simply got a reminder "infraction" that he needs to read the FAQ and wants to leave rather than learn from it! No rep for him!!

But I do hope he learns from it and sticks around! INGO is a great place to be!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Typically I only rep for those posts which I believe contribute to the forum, not someone's post about getting all upset because a few members treated him unfairly.
    Repped.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He is held to the same standards as the rest of us! So why make him feel special for getting butt hurt and wanting to leave ? He simply got a reminder "infraction" that he needs to read the FAQ and wants to leave rather than learn from it! No rep for him!!

But I do hope he learns from it and sticks around! INGO is a great place to be!
    I'd rep you but you don't need anymore.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hope he stays, because I hate to see anyone get ran off. I'm not going to rep him for it though, that's really not the idea behind it. Although at this point the rep system is sort of useless. Oh well.

The rep system has been useless since the first time someone offered to trade rep. If we still had neg rep, he'd still have been run off, but it would have included being neg repped into oblivion, which would have just contributed to the problem.

He simply got a reminder "infraction" that he needs to read the FAQ and wants to leave rather than learn from it!

No, he didn't. His post in that classified ad was a legal bump. He even said that he knew the ad was old but was hoping the item was still for sale. The OP failed to close his ad after his item sold.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The rep system has been useless since the first time someone offered to trade rep. If we still had neg rep, he'd still have been run off, but it would have included being neg repped into oblivion, which would have just contributed to the problem.

No, he didn't. His post in that classified ad was a legal bump. He even said that he knew the ad was old but was hoping the item was still for sale. The OP failed to close his ad after his item sold.

Wow! then he really has nothing to be butthurt over! :dunno:

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Well that's fine. Nobody ever likes my ideas anyway or comments on my threads anyway. Every thread I start dies a quick death with very few views and even less comments. I have started a total of 22 threads in about 3 1/2 years here and gotten a total of 232 replies and 7507 views which averages to 341.23 views and only 10.54 replies per thread. I was just trying to help encourage a new user, but that's ok, I think he decided to stick around but use the ignore feature, on the other hand I'm outta here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc

Last edited:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I don't really care in this situation. In my experiences people will end up doing what they want anyway. Also, it would seem, he posted a lot to get to 50 posts and then went to the classifieds. Not that doing that is wrong. But what is his motivation for using this forum?

Like I said, i could care less. We is a big boy and can do what he pleases.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, I guess since this thread has not been bumped, there are very few people who really care if a new person stays .

ass/u/me

I PM'd him to actively reach out instead of posting where he'd have to return to see. It doesn't bother me if he doesn't rejoin, but I hope he does to grow the community.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow! then he really has nothing to be butthurt over! :dunno:

He was jumped on for bumping a three-year-old classified ad. Those posts were removed, so you're only seeing part of the picture. His complaint is that he feels he was treated unfairly for it.

Top Bottom