• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I happened to walk past the aisle in Lowes today where the soldering irons are.

For $3 (on a whim) , I picked up a flint sparker that I needed for my propane torches. I'm old and cheap and don't have a piezio electric starter for my torch.

It occurs to me... this thing throws sparks like a drunken best man throws dollar bills at a Vegas bachelor party.

I'm thinking about tossing all the cheap magnesium striker things in various kits and tossing a few of these (with extra flints - and vasoline soaked cotton balls in a ziplock) into the mix...

Thoughts???

Oh, and to the best of my knowledge, no one- ever has cut themselves while working one of these flint sparkers. Ever.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Keep the magnesium blocks, shave it and the striker will light it in any weather. I'll guarantee its burns ALOT hotter than Vaseline and Cotton.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A disposable butane lighter will take less space and weight than the sparker, produces actual flame while it has fuel, produces the same kind of sparks when it's empty, and the body can be used as fire starting material if you scrape/shave little chunks or curls and light them/

I happened to walk past the aisle in Lowes today where the soldering irons are.

For $3 (on a whim) , I picked up a flint sparker that I needed for my propane torches. I'm old and cheap and don't have a piezio electric starter for my torch.

It occurs to me... this thing throws sparks like a drunken best man throws dollar bills at a Vegas bachelor party.

I'm thinking about tossing all the cheap magnesium striker things in various kits and tossing a few of these (with extra flints - and vasoline soaked cotton balls in a ziplock) into the mix...

Thoughts???

Oh, and to the best of my knowledge, no one- ever has cut themselves while working one of these flint sparkers. Ever.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    A disposable butane lighter will take less space and weight than the sparker, produces actual flame while it has fuel, produces the same kind of sparks when it's empty, and the body can be used as fire starting material if you scrape/shave little chunks or curls and light them/

Have you ever held a disposable lighter sideways trying to light a fire and had it overheat ????

Top Bottom