• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Sigh… details aren't well known at the time, but this just isn't good to hear.

Screenshot of news report at time of posting:
    Screen%20shot%202011-10-08%20at%202.32.59%20PM.png

Link to report, which will be updated as more details become available:
    Gun goes off in Parkview Hospital — wane.com

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What did I say? What do I always say?

STOP TOUCHING THE %$#@$#% PISTOL!!!:xmad:

Everyone wants an excuse to coonfinger the weapon in public but . . . what for it . . . eez gon, eez not safe.

Firearms can discharge upon loading and unloading. Don't be doing that crap in public without a safe backstop. In fact just don't touch the pistol.

Leave it in its quality holster, no, not an Uncle Mike's sausage sack, a quality holster made from a critter. Leave it there.

You can go finger guns at the gun shop when I am not there not while I am there. Leave the weapon in the holster or someone is going to get hurt, it's a gun, it's only got one job.

And while I'm at it, would someone training the %$#@#@ police!!! Jacking with guns in front of kids, joggers and soccermoms. Leave the stupid guns in the stupid holsters and quit doing this rubbish.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Everyone wants an excuse to coonfinger the weapon in public but . . . what for it . . . eez gon, eez not safe.

Firearms can discharge upon loading and unloading. Don't be doing that crap in public without a safe backstop. In fact just don't touch the pistol.

Leave it in its quality holster, no, not an Uncle Mike's sausage sack, a quality holster made from a critter. Leave it there.

You can go finger guns at the gun shop when I am not there not while I am there. Leave the weapon in the holster or someone is going to get hurt, it's a gun, it's only got one job.

And while I'm at it, would someone training the %$#@#@ police!!! Jacking with guns in front of kids, joggers and soccermoms. Leave the stupid guns in the stupid holsters and quit doing this rubbish.

What he said^^^^^

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yop, they don't just "go off". Somebody has to do something that makes it happen, and if they didn't do it, it wouldn't happen. "Gun goes off..." somebody needs to slap some sense into this guy*.

*Note: I'm not advocating actually physically assaulting the guy, just a figurative "trip behind the woodshed" kind of thing for enlightenment. Just trying to be clear.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood

By the way it reads, he was not just touching his gun to be touching his gun. He was unloading it to hand it over to security and it went off during the process.
    "Police said while the bondman's was taking bullets out of the gun to hand over to officers, it accidently discharged inside the building."
    I didn't see anything in the story saying he was coonfingering his weapon. :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I didn't see anything in the story saying he was coonfingering his weapon.

Other than the fact that he was coonfingering his gun? No one cares why he was coonfingering his gun--to show how cool it is, the cops made him, he wanted to be the "good guy", to load it, to unload it--the gun's only got one job, to shoot. Don't coonfinger your weapon. It's a weapon, not a sporting device.

Don't handle your weapon in public where the backstop is a kid in a wheelchair. We just had a cop in New York go to prison for jacking with a pistol in a patrol car. Don't do that.

When I say, STOP TOUCHING IT!, I mean STOP TOUCHING IT!

When I say Whoa! I mean Whoa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBhlQgvHmQ0

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It will be interesting to see exactly why the bondsman was being asked to leave. The initial story is vague, but it sounds like he was unloading at the request/instructions if the LE.

For the folks from the "Fort", is Parkview considered one of the Exempt hospitals under the Preemption Law, is it private property or public?

If it's public and not exempt by way of the IC, then by requiring the guy to disarm and leave, the hospital security and LE are ultimately at fault because the bondsman should not have been disarmed to start with.

Granted, said yayhoo should have known what he was doing while unloading and as Kirk said, it shouldn't have been done inside the building without a proper clearing backstop/barrel.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield

I'm outta REP for you, so all you'll get is a quote......:rockwoot:

I'm especially fond of the bolded section...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't handle your weapon in public where the backstop is a kid in a wheelchair. We just had a cop in New Mexico go to prison for jacking with a pistol in a patrol car. Don't do that.

Kirk, do you have a link to the story on the NM cop? I'm always looking for good training material.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Hey, I learned a new word! "Coonfingering"

Tell me, is this the origin?: Racoon's pick up everything, turn it over and over, handling it everwhere, just overall messing with something.

I like it. Wish I knew it when my kids were young.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Heres a comment from below,:):, Rick Kent says.........

I work for a marketing company, and the standard industry target for gun campaigns is an IQ of 80. Anything with a comprehension level above 80 is not effective in the firearm industry.

Gun owners are also the largest group of illiterate customers, so most gun marketing campaigns have very few words, and lots of pictures.

Mental retardation is generally an IQ of 70, so on average, gun owners are almost retarded.

This proves Dan's post above, that we trust the least able of our population with very dangerous devices.

An easy way to observe this is to walk into a gun shop, and try to find a smart person. You aren't going to find one.

If you walked up to 10 gun owners and asked them the definition of lexicon, you would get 10 blank stares.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tell me, is this the origin?: Racoon's pick up everything, turn it over and over, handling it everwhere, just overall messing with something.

Yes, Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch uses the term quite frequently.

You can also substitute "gunshopfingering".

An easy way to observe this is to walk into a gun shop, and try to find a smart person. You aren't going to find one.

Well, at least Rick attends the Indy 1500 gun show reguarly. At least he didn't talk about the hygenie standards there.:D

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I hate it when the media says "gun goes off". How about "man discharges firearm" or something along those lines? Guns don't just "go off" unless someone does something to cause it. Usually that something is a person doing something common sense would otherwise dictate they shouldn't be doing.

Reading the headline of that article, one would believe a gun walked into the hospital and started shooting.

Top Bottom