• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Everyone has very good points. And while I am credit card debt free currently, I don't have the cash in hand to buy an AR. I have talked to my 401K guy. I can get a loan against my 401k for 1.9%. It'll be taken straight out of my paycheck with no hassles. I plan on taking out a loan for $1200 for the next gun show, either in Ft Wayne or Indy. If I can find an AR for that price from a dealer, then I'll just eat the interest and be done with it. Like many of you I have NO INTEREST is buying an AR of an individual trying to retire off of selling an AR for 2x or 3x they are worth, Craziness....

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    How about a Russel & Kimora Lee Simmons RUSH card, heres a testimonial; WARNING' explicit content.
    ht[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukmmKNitKj8"]tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukmmKNitKj8[/ame]

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Paid off my last $2.11 credit card debt on Monday. Yep, two dollars and eleven cents. No more cc debt and no more cc. :rockwoot:

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Everyone has very good points. And while I am credit card debt free currently, I don't have the cash in hand to buy an AR. I have talked to my 401K guy. I can get a loan against my 401k for 1.9%. It'll be taken straight out of my paycheck with no hassles. I plan on taking out a loan for $1200 for the next gun show, either in Ft Wayne or Indy. If I can find an AR for that price from a dealer, then I'll just eat the interest and be done with it. Like many of you I have NO INTEREST is buying an AR of an individual trying to retire off of selling an AR for 2x or 3x they are worth, Craziness....

Setup a 2nd savings account, have HR split your direct deposit with the amount you would pay for the loan sent into that account. Be patient then pay cash.

Dont get a loan against your retirement, that's unwise.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg

Never, never, never, never, borrow against your 401k!!!! Unless you are about to loose your home.

As JoFra said: Setup a 2nd savings account, have HR split your direct deposit with the amount you would pay for the loan sent into that account. Be patient then pay cash.

Dont get a loan against your retirement, that's unwise.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Ummmm.... I gave wifey a lovely 995 in an ATI stock to match her C9, (don't ask. Scotch was involved.) and gave my eldest kid's boyfriend 100 rounds of .223. Both purchased waaay before the latest panic. Both christmas presents. No real debt to speak of. Paid cash. Does that count??

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Nope, never went into debt over guns. Now student loans, that is a horse of a different color. That is one of the problems with this country in the first place, too much debt by the American society.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Years ago I probably would have used the plastic to buy something I didn't really need but now I'm 100% debt free and plan to stay that way for the remainder.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I had plans on a winter project as I am retired with time on my hands. Due to the current panic mode in the market I will pass. There is nothing I am willing to be gouged over in the market place.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    I do put a small part of the a gun purchase on a C.C.. But, I pay the bill off when it arrives. (part Cash, part C.C., just means I am able to control my spending and get toys sooner)

Top Bottom