• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I somehow stumbled across this website with literaly hundreds of firearm manuals in pdf format. It has been referenced in threads a few times but I thought it was worth posting again.

page7b

:patriot:

I don't know why the link only shows 'page7b' but it does work.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I would offer something to think about...... no fingers are being pointed at anyone on INGO......

Steve has had those manuals available for several years. About 18-24 months ago, someone caused him some serious computer problems, by downloading every file he had posted. Then, it was discovered that the clown who downloaded all his files, had them up on ebay. I'm not computer literate enough to know the specifics of exactly what happened, but it cost him lots of time and money. He took the site down for several months, and just put it back, in the last year or so. Some of those files contain info on firearms for which no other source exists. It is truly a valuable resource, but if it's abused again, Steve will likely remove it for good. It's up to the firearms community to protect what information remains about many vintage firearms. Once the info is gone, it's not gonna come back.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I would offer something to think about...... no fingers are being pointed at anyone on INGO......

Steve has had those manuals available for several years. About 18-24 months ago, someone caused him some serious computer problems, by downloading every file he had posted. Then, it was discovered that the clown who downloaded all his files, had them up on ebay. I'm not computer literate enough to know the specifics of exactly what happened, but it cost him lots of time and money. He took the site down for several months, and just put it back, in the last year or so. Some of those files contain info on firearms for which no other source exists. It is truly a valuable resource, but if it's abused again, Steve will likely remove it for good. It's up to the firearms community to protect what information remains about many vintage firearms. Once the info is gone, it's not gonna come back.

You guys, please take note of this ^. It was really NOT a good day to click on that site and find NOTHING.
    Moral of the story; don't be greedy or everybody suffers.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    jwhite...i'm guessing you can't wait to sell something in the classifieds :) 50 posts come quick don't worry and welcome.

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    steve's pages

There is far more there than just the manual page. I found him a few years ago when stumbling around to identify a wildcat 6.5 that I needed to load for. There are tons of drawings for cartridges that saved me a bunch of time. Poke around some and you will come away with some new bit of info that you never thought you would find.

Please use the site wisely though. He has been screwed before and the next time I'm afraid it will all be gone. As a sidenote, he is a great guy to bounce some notes back and forth with. He was very helpful with me.

another Steve

Top Bottom