• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Black powder fans have used crisco to prevent powder fouling for decades, but we never pay $15 for a little two ounce bottle and we also wash it out before the arms get put in storage. In that use, it does better than petroleum based products. I never used it any other way.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I watched a youtube video where George Fennel compared Weapon Shield and Fireclean. He stated the same thing after reading the MSDS. Weapon Shield seemed to perform much better. As a lube anyway, and it is considerably cheaper then most other lubes. He also stated the same concern for Fireclean degrading over time.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I used the original FP-10 made by fennel until he left and the formula changed. I went back to breakfree. But when I got wind he did a new product, Weapon shield, I was all over it, and I would never use anything else.

Fennel knows his stuff, that's for sure.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    On a related note when I was a kid we discovered "VHT Traction Tonic" tire spray was actually White Rain hairspray relabeled and sold at a premium. So we switched to hairspray when racing midgets (cars, not people, you weirdos) on indoor tracks.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    On a related note when I was a kid we discovered "VHT Traction Tonic" tire spray was actually White Rain hairspray relabeled and sold at a premium. So we switched to hairspray when racing midgets (cars, not people, you weirdos) on indoor tracks.

Sure...cars... ;)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I used the original FP-10 made by fennel until he left and the formula changed. I went back to breakfree. But when I got wind he did a new product, Weapon shield, I was all over it, and I would never use anything else.

Fennel knows his stuff, that's for sure.

:+1:

I am a huge Weaponshield fan as well

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I saw another viscosity test and FC floats on top of Crisco and did not mix. The specific gravity is different. How could they be the same if they don't mix?

Frog Lube is veggy based too. Neither lube goes rancid. I don't believe they are the exact same formulae.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Crisco is hydrogenated soybean oil. You cook soybean oil under pressure with hydrogen and a catalyst, makes it solid.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I must not be able to keep up with the latest cooking oil/weapon lube. CLP was good enough for me in the Army, and its good enough for me now.

Someone would have to work really hard to make me change (or make me care about the 'secret' recipe of other lubes, for that matter). CLP works, has worked, and will work. #doesntmatter :)

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Weapon Shield

Has the best prices I've seen so far. Got the link from the weaponshield website.

I am also a firm fan of Weapon Shield as well. I got hooked when George was sending out the oiler pen samples back somewhere around 2008 or so I think.

And the link above is where I buy all mine. However, now that many of the local gun stores have started carrying weapon shield in the past 2-3 years, I will probably buy it local.

Heck...even our own in house expert AllenM likes the product since he tried it this year. I don't know how much he uses it though. Maybe he can chime in on his experience with Weapon Shield so far this year.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/gunsmithing/378067-gun-oil-psa-4.html#post5886818

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am also a firm fan of Weapon Shield as well. I got hooked when George was sending out the oiler pen samples back somewhere around 2008 or so I think.

And the link above is where I buy all mine. However, now that many of the local gun stores have started carrying weapon shield in the past 2-3 years, I will probably buy it local.

Heck...even our own in house expert AllenM likes the product since he tried it this year. I don't know how much he uses it though. Maybe he can chime in on his experience with Weapon Shield so far this year.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/gunsmithing/378067-gun-oil-psa-4.html#post5886818

What's the shipping cost like on Watts TruckCenter? I hate it when you have to put in ALL your information before they will show you the shipping costs

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I also purchased my Weapon Shield from watts truck center. From what I recall the shipping was not unreasonable. I loaded up on product to avoid shipping costs in the future. I have more oil and grease than I will likely use in a lifetime and still spent less than I would have for a modest amount of the other overpriced lubes. Last time I bought slip 2000 it was almost $10 for a tiny one ounce bottle. I purchased a 16oz bottle of Weapon Shield for $20. That's a crazy difference in price!

Top Bottom