• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rymo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2014
    Whiteland
    Who knew when a company you worked for asks how much you were thinking and they fire you because they didn't like the answer would just fire you before even giving a counter offer or just plain say no. Just a friendly suggestion to everyone, do not work for family.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    do not work for family.

well-theres-your-problem.jpg

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    In 1981 I worked for a local bank...I had a wife and two kids...we qualified for free cheese, and food stamps if we wanted them...I was full time. My review time came around, I was given an exemplary review and a hefty raise of $40 a month. That made my salary a whopping $1050 a month before taxes and insurance. I still qualified for free cheese after this huge 3.9% merit increase. I quit the following payday and went in to the insurance business....earning $350 a week to start with National Life and Accident. I made almost 35% more at a job I had no experience with, while being trained.

Some jobs are not worth keeping...

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    In 1981 I worked for a local bank...I had a wife and two kids...we qualified for free cheese, and food stamps if we wanted them...I was full time. My review time came around, I was given an exemplary review and a hefty raise of $40 a month. That made my salary a whopping $1050 a month before taxes and insurance. I still qualified for free cheese after this huge 3.9% merit increase. I quit the following payday and went in to the insurance business....earning $350 a week to start with National Life and Accident. I made almost 35% more at a job I had no experience with, while being trained.

Some jobs are not worth keeping...

The sad part is that in their eyes 3.9% is a big raise.

I have tried to tell most anyone that will listen, there are not that many opportunities to get a substantial increase from a large company once you are there. You either have to hire in at a good rate, change positions and negotiate an increase, or threaten to leave, but be willing to follow through if they call your bluff. Other than these, most corporations will just keep giving 3% every year.

I have been OK since I hired in at a good rate and changed positions twice which got me more than the standard increase, but this is not always the case.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I have tried to tell most anyone that will listen, there are not that many opportunities to get a substantial increase from a large company once you are there. You either have to hire in at a good rate, change positions and negotiate an increase, or threaten to leave, but be willing to follow through if they call your bluff. Other than these, most corporations will just keep giving 3% every year.

I have been OK since I hired in at a good rate and changed positions twice which got me more than the standard increase, but this is not always the case.

I would tell any potential new hires this very thing, negotiate it up front or wait for a different position to open with a higher pay grade.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who knew when a company you worked for asks how much you were thinking and they fire you because they didn't like the answer would just fire you before even giving a counter offer or just plain say no. Just a friendly suggestion to everyone, do not work for family.

Buff up that resumé and use your new pay rate as leverage at a new place for a job working for a better company in a better working environment for even more money.

Given your penchant for run-on sentences, let someone proof read that resumé.

Am I understanding this?
    Mercurial Employer: "How much do you want to make?"
    Rymo:"Well, $X."
    Mercurial Employer:"No, that's too much - you're fired."
    Rymo:"Hey, INGO! I got fired!"
    Mercurial Employer:"Wait, come back to work."
    Rymo:"Hey INGO! I'm not fired!"

The only way I could see such a firing is if the employer (or duly appointed representative) was so insulted because (a) the request was WAY out of line or (b) the employee was worthless anyways or (c) the employer is nuts (unlikely).

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I am still missing the part where he got fired..... dont you have to work at a company to be fired, negotiations (from my experience) are prior to being hired... unless he just went into his boss and said I want more money.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

My pay more than doubled within five years. :cool:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Given your penchant for run-on sentences, let someone proof read that resumé.

Am I understanding this?
    Mercurial Employer: "How much do you want to make?"
    Rymo:"Well, $X."
    Mercurial Employer:"No, that's too much - you're fired."
    Rymo:"Hey, INGO! I got fired!"
    Mercurial Employer:"Wait, come back to work."
    Rymo:"Hey INGO! I'm not fired!"

The only way I could see such a firing is if the employer (or duly appointed representative) was so insulted because (a) the request was WAY out of line or (b) the employee was worthless anyways or (c) the employer is nuts (unlikely).

C is VERY likely... he mentioned he works for family. :):

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    Update your resume and/or use the time you have to improve yourself (then update your resume).
    Family will sc... you faster than anybody else.
    Haven't spoken to any of mine in over 8 yrs.

My brother told me "If you can't trust family, who can you trust".
    He was the one holding the jar of Vaseline

Top Bottom