• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm just about at the end of my rope with this crap. Every week it stops working. It hasn't updated on it's own in months and I have searched for a way to get it to. I cannot watch youtube vids now because the apparently ancient (2 weeks old) version I have has been blocked by Firefox. When I attempt to update I get to an Adobe page that says by clicking on the download button I agree to their terms but there is no download button. I've tried it a dozen times, rebooted my laptop, gone to their page numerous times, clicked through their website, nothing. No download button anywhere.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I hate to suggest this, but have you ran a virus scan lately? A full scan by either Avast or AVG?? This almost sounds like you've possibly got either an overly sensitive antivirus setting or a virus that snuck by and won't let you upgrade. If it's an overactive antivirus, you can try to put the flash program/website in the exceptions category...if it's a virus issue you may not be able to download/use Avast or similar either. Wish I had more ideas, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Mine did the same. When a flash video would not play a message popped up that said plugin was vulnerable. You can click on the message to check for update that takes you to a page to download the update.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You'll probably have to disable your anti virus to do the load. I had to.
    AND...Nothing but issues with FIrefox for quite a while.
    I did put Chrome on my son's PC and it's smooth as silk.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Never have any issue with the two, myself. Flash pops up when an update's available and I set it to remind me when a new update comes out. Install it and I'm golden. Then again, I use a Mac and it works better and differently. Sorry Micro$oft is messing your computer up.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ran an antivirus scan and it found one thing and deleted it. I tried again to download the update but there is no download button on the Adobe page.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Never have any issue with the two, myself. Flash pops up when an update's available and I set it to remind me when a new update comes out. Install it and I'm golden. Then again, I use a Mac and it works better and differently. Sorry Micro$oft is messing your computer up.

This is a little off topic but MAC users/comps are not the almighty :rolleyes:. Each has its place, I dual boot MAC OS and Windows on a Mac. I still prefer my PC/Windows.

I would completely uninstall flash and reinstall, if that does not work run a scan on your virus scanner and not just folders run a boot-time scan.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Firefox Adobe Flash direct link:

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

Of course, if the download button isn't showing up, it's not Flash that's broken but something with Firefox. Maybe another add-on is interfering or there's something your AV isn't picking up on.

wizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Chesterton
    Use Ninite to install most needed downloads,removes extras and crappy tool bars you don't need just check the boxes for what you want. Virus free and you can run it anytime it will always say no to tool bars and homepage changes and give you the latest versions only when you need them now or six months from now. Just check all downloads you want and save the installer to your desktop and run it whenever you want. Great tool and free. Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Ran an antivirus scan and it found one thing and deleted it. I tried again to download the update but there is no download button on the Adobe page.

Do you click to accept their terms? Usually it makes you accept their terms & then the download box will pop up.

I'm using Firefox too. In the last couple weeks it has wanted updated about three times. I did the first couple updates & then it got on my nerves. I haven't updated in a few days.

I like Chrome really well but Chrome crashes on Facebook because of something with Skype. Skype doesn't even have to be open. I use Firefox because it has less quirks.

Top Bottom