• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's neat. Looks like the slide starts moving before the bullet has cleared the barrel. I would have thought it would have stayed locked up just a little longer.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    NEAT IMAGE, thanks for posting!

I recall back in the 80's, the factory where I was employed as an Engineer, our design department purchased a (at that time an ultra high speed film camera), as I recall it would capture well over 10,000 frames per second. We used it in our plant to record the making and breaking of electrical switches we built. It had a fairly large reel of film but would only record for a fraction of a second. The biggest problem we had was starting the film at the right instant, cause otherwise we didn't capture the event. We did waste several reels of the special film before we captured the pictures we wanted. Back then the equipment was VERY expensive, as I recall between $50K and $100K.

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    That's pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing. The mushroom cloud forming after was cool, seems like the gas would just expand out instead of forming a nice cloud like that.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Some hot gases are bound to pass the projectile before the base of the bullet expands to seal the bore.
    Very neat images.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This is the other end...at one million frames per second. 10 minutes worth of disintegrating bullets. what's not to like?
    [video=youtube;QfDoQwIAaXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg[/video]

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I noticed the little puff out of the ejection port, too. Must be before the case expands and seals the chamber?

That, and all the little junk that leaves the barrel well after the bullet.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This is the other end...at one million frames per second. 10 minutes worth of disintegrating bullets. what's not to like?
    [video=youtube;QfDoQwIAaXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg[/video]
    I like those hollow-points going through the gel. That is cool. Shows what kind of damage they can do.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This is pretty cool stuff! I would like to see this with some other gun related things too!

Top Bottom