• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasinfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    NWI
    Finally got out to zero my m16 I bought 3 weeks ago. Only the second time since leaving the Army Didnt realize how much I missed it. Glad to see my shot groupings were tighter than expected right from the first shot. I guess it is like riding a bike. The same cannot be said for my handgun, which will need much more practice time...yea me...lol

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    where are you in Indiana, if you don't mind me asking. I have a couple rifles you might like to shoot, still being in and all. I know I enjoy the M4 style rifles, but really fell in love with my SCAR.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Finally got out to zero my m16 I bought 3 weeks ago. Only the second time since leaving the Army Didnt realize how much I missed it. Glad to see my shot groupings were tighter than expected right from the first shot. I guess it is like riding a bike. The same cannot be said for my handgun, which will need much more practice time...yea me...lol
    Bet that cost a pretty penny! :(

chasinfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    NWI
    Alright after reading the posts I realized I mispoke. I zeroed my 20" ar 15 semi auto. It looks and feels like the m16a2 in the army without the burst selection. I rarely used that feature while I was in...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Alright after reading the posts I realized I mispoke. I zeroed my 20" ar 15 semi auto. It looks and feels like the m16a2 in the army without the burst selection. I rarely used that feature while I was in...

We figured you you meant AR15.....but we get bored and like having fun sometimes. I have the opposite story as you.....I had a AR15 before I went into the Army......Never call your rifle a gun in the Army. That one poor soul.....glad it wasn't me......:D

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I still prefer the A1 configuration with the triangular hand guards....but I'm old fashioned that way.

Ditto

P1020409_zps1ab9de49.jpg

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I still prefer the A1 configuration with the triangular hand guards....but I'm old fashioned that way.
    same here 4 years in the corps and never got to fire a real a1 till i got hired on the sheriffs dept a few months ago (so much fun nothing like full tilt) i wont get issued one till my one year mark so im looking to build a semi sbr mean while not sure how i manage the tri handguards just yet but im sold on a a1 model im not a fan of the tacticool stuff

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When I was in the Army NG (MI), we had A1s and were starting to get A2s (very early '90s). "Course, we were always a little behind the times. We used M60s and we never did get M249s when I was there. I humped M60 ammo and the then the M60 for a couple of years.....I really preferred the M16A1.

chasinfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    NWI
    It is funny, you can tell the time frame of service based on their preference...did enjoy firing the m60, but that prob wont happen again for me...lol

USAMP1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I started out in the KY NG before deciding to go Regular Army. That Guard unit had A1s and M-60s. The CO was hoading a few M1911A1s. Shortly there after, the M-4s started coming in crates. Like kids in a free candy store!

Top Bottom