• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    For the bargain price of: $1,399 for the 10 round, 22 cal. semi-automatic and another $399 for the watch that is required to be within 10" of the gun for the gun to be anything other than a paperweight, you too could be the proud owner of this handgun.

Here is the link I found from Fox News: First ?smart? pistol hits shelves in California | Fox News

Here is an article with a few more details on the specifices of the gun: Armatix iP1 Smart Gun: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | HEAVY

I don't even know where to begin discussing the negatives of having something like this eventually forced on us (cost, won't work from the hand not wearing the watch if the watch hand is unavailable, potential electronics failures, etc...), so instead I'll focus on the need for us to stay ever vigilant in our "political situational awareness". It's up to us to protect our rights, so we need to make it a very high priority to know what our politician's positions are, and do everything we legally can to support the good politicians (there really are a few), and defeat the bad ones.

Meyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    The libs are already recycling bills along these lines. One of many reasons to make phone calls and support the NRA to battle this kind of crap.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Wow, so not only do you have to have the watch, you have to arm it with a bunch of button presses, and it looks like it only arms for roughly 4 hours. Awesome idea. :n00b:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Criminal: "Gimme your money fool, or I'll blow your f-ing head off!"
    Doofus: "Excuse me Mr. Badguy, can you hold that thought for a minute while I activate my 'smart' handgun?"
    Criminal: "Oh sure, take your time. I'll wait."
    Doofus: Fumbles with watch, "Oh crap the battery is dead."
    Criminal: "So are you fool!" BOOM!

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    At that price, I'm sure these guns will flood the streets and become the criminals 'go-to' gun of choice...unless of course it becomes illegal to own a gun that is NOT a smart gun. And THAT's when we'll catch the criminals...for breaking the law!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A few minutes on the workbench and I bet It'll fire without that watch.

Oh yeah.

[video=youtube;RynPHOThwxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RynPHOThwxw[/video]

True, but who's going to spend $1800 for something they're going to have to tear apart?

More likely, these will sit unbought on store shelves while people build Stens. Over 2 million hits when I googled, "plans for sten"

Make the cops carry them, especially the cops guarding the politicians. This nonsense will stop.

^^ This.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    The best part is when the criminals develop a jammer and simply jam the signal when the police officer carrying one approaches them. Oh, that's right, every piece of legislation that has ever been written requiring this type restriction has had a full exclusion for law enforcement and military because, you know, they have to have an absolutely reliable system. The jammers will only be used on the citizens they target with the black market dumb guns.

The sad part is once it hits the shelves and even claims to work many states will ban any other type handgun, for the children.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Question for engineer types: how quickly could this "smart gun" be hacked/overridden?

Remove sensors with screwdriver? Chuck it in the microwave at work? Easy right?

It would probably be as easy as converting a semi-automatic AR to a full-auto. But when the time comes you are not allowed to do so, the penalties will probably be just as severe for either.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It would probably be as easy as converting a semi-automatic AR to a full-auto. But when the time comes you are not allowed to do so, the penalties will probably be just as severe for either.

And you'll have the majority of people parroting on gun forums just as strongly in support of obeying unconstitutional laws when that comes as we do now.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Damn libtards. If they had it their way you'd have to call 911, give them a serial number, and they'd remotely activate your gun so you could... wait, nevermind. You've been murdered already by an axe. Too late to shoot now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My guess is that it would not be difficult to bypass a sensor in an electrical control circuit.

All depends...it depends on how all the mechanical and electrical systems interface with one another. I'll bet if it's just a mechanical gun with a system that controls a lock, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Top Bottom