• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    Ok, here are my first 9mm and 380acp reloads. I am using Lee breech lock equipment.

For the 9mm loads I am comparing 2 bullets. #1-Berry's 124g HP #2 Hornady 115g HP/XTP

Load Data for 9mm:
    Berry's 124g HP
    Alliant Red Dot - 4.3g, cci primer, 1.142" OAL.

Hornady 115g HP/XTP
    Alliant Red Dot - 4.3g, cci primer, 1.120" OAL

9mm bullet pictures.
    picture.php

9mm at 30 feet. both bullets shot well but I had one flier from the Berry 124g... could have been me, maybe, naahhh it was the bullet.
    picture.php

9mm at 50 feet. both bullets shot well but I still seem to have that one flier out of 5 shots. I think maybe its me.
    picture.php

Ok, so I needed to work this out with a clip full of the Hornady 115g HP/XTP's. They do shoot very nice and I will stick with this load combination. At 50 feet I kept all the shots in the paint. Also, I was using a Ruger P95. I did not have any FTF/FTE with any of these loads.
    picture.php

For the 380acp loads I am comparing 2 bullets. #1-Berry's 100g RN #2 Hornady 90g HP/XTP. and 2 powders Alliant Red Dot and Hodgdon Titegroup.

Load Data for 380acp:
    Berry's 100g RN
    Alliant Red Dot - 2.7g, cci primer, .975" OAL.
    Hodgdon Titegroup - 2.7g, cci primer, .975" OAL.

Hornady 90g HP/XTP
    Alliant Red Dot - 3.0g, cci primer, .965" OAL.
    Hodgdon Titegroup - 2.9g, cci primer, .965" OAL.

380acp bullet pictures.
    picture.php

Using a Bersa Thunder 380 at 30 feet here is a comparison of the Hornady 90g HP/XTP's. Left side is Titegroup and Right side is Red Dot.
    picture.php

At 50 feet it is a little harder to keep all the shots in the paint. Still, both loades using the Hornady 90g HP/XTP's performed well.
    picture.php

The Berry 100g RN also performed well at 30 feet, here are the results of Titegroup on the left and Red Dot on the right.
    picture.php

Over all I think all these loads shot well and I did not have any FTF/FTE with both the 380acp and the 9mm.
    I wish I had a Chrony to give some more data to the expert loaders, but I'm just getting started reloading. So far, for me what counts is that I produce a reliable load that goes down range accurately. And so far I am getting what I would consider very good results.

If any one has any advise for the new loader like me, I would be glad to hear it.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nice pics and info on your loads. I do a fair bit of reloading in 9mm and 45 acp especially in the warmer months when I'm shooting IDPA and steel. I've been loading 147 gr 9mm Precision Delta FMJ bullets over 5.0 gr No5 and found it great for punching over steel poppers. I've recently tried my hand at 380. I'm using Montana gold HP (95 gr) and 3.2 gr Bullseye. So far looks good. Does anyone have any experience with 380? How many times can you reload a case? I'm finding the rim is tearing up much faster than 9mm or 45. I'm not sure I will be able to load more the about 3 times before the rim is too messed up. I've reloaded some 45 cases a dozen times or more!

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The 115 XTPs reach their accuracy potential at about 1150 fps (Sierra's, too).

The chronograph seems optional because you think you're seeing things that work for you. I can see why, but do yourself and everyone around you a favor - get one ASAP.

Top Bottom