• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Anyone know where a person can obtain an adult first aid/cpr cert? Checked local firestations/schools/businesses. Can do American red cross, but all I can find is about $110. My last two 12/11 and 11/09 were both ARC and were about $60. So, my thought is that either it went up a bunch in two years, or it can be had at a more affordable rate? Any ideas? Don't care who the cert is through.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Anyone know where a person can obtain an adult first aid/cpr cert? Checked local firestations/schools/businesses. Can do American red cross, but all I can find is about $110. My last two 12/11 and 11/09 were both ARC and were about $60. So, my thought is that either it went up a bunch in two years, or it can be had at a more affordable rate? Any ideas? Don't care who the cert is through.

We do American Heart Association CPR/AED including adult, child and infant for $65. If you want First Aid also, add another $15 for $80 total. Former medic, been teaching BLS for over 20 years.

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana

ARC training nearly doubled in price about 2 years ago in all states. I would suggest contacting your local hospitals and asking them if they offer public courses or if they can refer you to an instructor that does. They tend to use American Heart. I have taught through several organizations over the years and American Heart is generally lower than others. I use to be able to offer it for $20 a person because the overhead is pretty low. We have an AHA instructor come in and teach where I work and they only charge $25 per staff member for CPR / FA / AED.

You can also find numerous courses offered online but I would not personally recommend any that don't include a hands-on practical portion.

Steve

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I did the good-for-two-year Red Cross professional program. I do have to get it renewed. Before that it was the program "for the professional rescuer". The professional one is the one I preferred as it included AED training.

I've also been hearing good things about the AHA classes. I've not yet checked them out.

Josh

Top Bottom