• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So I ordered a few lowers from PSA and am planning to slowly build my first ar a few parts at a time... I have an interest in 3 gun and am thinking of building it to suit that game. My question is what would I be limiting my self to if I only have one AR set up for 3G? I hope this makes sense. Im thinking 18" SS. Rifle length. Really nice trigger. Optics with off set irons...

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Many will build multiple AR's to suit different interests, such as 3 gun or other competition shooters, some will build for precision distance shooting, some for coyote or small game hunting and some for just plain ol .223/5.56 or .22lr plinking. As for me, I plan to buld mine as a SHTF/HD/SD weapon.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you build an AR for 3-Gun, I would think it could make a good varmint rifle as well. I'd probably stick to a 1-4x optic. I can't thinking of anything you would be limiting yourself to. One might offer that a 3-gun rifle wouldn't be good for HD because of the length. I would counter with my HD gun would be a shotgun, not a rifle. With that said, I would definitely choose the 3-Gun route. You might want to make sure you get a barrel with a tight enough twist to shoot a heavier bullet (~68 gr range) in case you get to the opportunity to take it prairie dog hunting or something. I would say try to aim for about a 1:9 twist to keep that option open. I think they are good for up to about 69 gr. If you ever want to do highpower competition with a heavier bullet, you'll want to build a different rifle for that anyway.

I hope that all made sense.

Top Bottom