• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Well it's been an ongoing thing since July, but here is how it will stay (for the time being) lol. My first AR. I decided I wanted to build it. Ordered a rifle kit and stripped lower from Palmetto State Armory, full magpul hardware. I'm pleased with it. Was cheaper to build it, I learned more about how the gun works, and it was really easy.

Nothing fancy, but I am happy with it. Sorry the picture is grainy- cell phone pic.

IMG_20130202_182423.jpg

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Bought all my parts within 2 weeks need a BCG and i'll have my complete AR for under $750 during the craziness. Nice looking build, hope mine turns out like that.

Last edited:

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Thanks for the comments all! I can't wait to get it to the range and break it in!

Yes it is the ACS stock. From handling/shouldering the rifle I like it. It seems pretty comfortable.

My recommendation is to do a lot of homework. Read and Read what you can. As far as assembly, it really is pretty easy minus one or too finicky lil parts. The more you read about it you will understand the differences in them, function, etc so that you can better pick one to do what you want. I had never shot a Palmetto State Armory AR before I ordered mine. Took a shot in the dark on it, BUT i could not find any valid negative reviews online about their company. I have since shot one that a friend of mine assembled before I got mine complete. It shot great, trigger had a lil crunch in it, but not terrible. It'll probably get a new trigger group at some point, but the gun functioned flawlessly. A trigger and some glass is about all I will do to it when finances allow it.

Best advice I can give ya is read all you can, and shoot as many as you can. If you know anyone who has AR's, ask them if you can shoot them and tell them youll provide the ammo. Gotta pick what fits you best for your purpose.

Good luck to ya,

dcary7

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    I would love to do this as well, but it's such a bad time to start. Wait is so long to get parts shipped, they are ungodly expensive, etc etc. :rolleyes:

Someday... for now I'll just keep building my 10/22 so when springtime comes I can have ATF days with the guys on the porch waiting for rabid possums to come strollin by :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm wanting to build mine too any suggestions I'm kinda going in blind

My first suggestion would be to open your eyes!

It's not rocket-scientistry, but I don't know anyone that can put a lower parts kit in blind. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that I don't know any blind people that have done it.

Come to think of it, I don't think I know any blind people.

Anyway, it's easier if you look.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom