• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoviePro314

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    NW IN
    New to the world of carrying and looking for opinions on the guns I'm considering at this point.

S&W Sigma SW9VE
    SW M&P9
    FNH FNP-9
    Sig SP2022
    Taurus 111SSP
    G19
    G26

Any information on these or recommendations on others would be appreciated.

If you hate it, why? If you love it, why? What makes it better or worse? "It's better because it's what I carry," isn't much help.

Last edited:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I own the sigma, others are going to say Glock or the M&P, as those ARE better then the sigma. I like my sigma, i have never had a problem with it, the trigger is a little....different. I have gotten used to it. One reason to go with the sigma is the price, but a good pistol is worth its weight it gold, take care of it and it will be around for a very very long time. So, even though i own the sigma, if you have the money get the G19, you wont regret it and that is important.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    S&W Sigma SW9VE Would not recommend at all.
    SW M&P9 Would recommend. #4 (holsters are fairly easy to find)
    FNH FNP-9 No recommendation - never had any experience.
    Sig SP2022 Highly recommended. #3 (holsters might be tougher to find)
    Taurus 111SSP Not recommended. This was my first carry gun and I hated it.
    G19 Highly recommended. #1
    G26 Highly recommended. #2

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    New to the world of carrying and looking for opinions on the guns I'm considering at this point.

S&W Sigma SW9VE
    SW M&P9
    FNH FNP-9
    Sig SP2022
    Taurus 111SSP
    G19
    G26

Any information on these or recommendations on others would be appreciated.

Neither the Sigma nor the Taurus are in the same class as the others. I'm a Taurus fan, but the more expensive guns are generally nicer if you can afford them, IMHO. My personal preference off of that list would be the M&P 9, actually I like the compact version, the M&P 9c. Closely followed by the Glock 19.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    For easier concealment, I'd recommend getting something that doesn't have a slide shaped like a block. I'm a former XD9 owner, I would know. My $.02.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yup, that helps the OP and gives some real insight :rolleyes:

Sorry... there is just no way to provide an objective, definitive answer as to which is better. The OP specified Glocks and has no XD's on his list, so presumably he's held them and doesn't like them, and frankly, the feel of the guns is the one major difference between them. Set two of them side by side, and they'll both prove to be hyper-reliable weapons that hit the targets with a similar degree of accuracy, with almost exactly the same manual of arms.

However, I do not like shooting Glocks, and do like the XDs. I like the grip safety, I like the feel of the grip better, I like the take down procedures better, and I like the trigger better.

Hence, the XD is a better gun.

And now you have a post that I hope you will find every bit as insightful and spectacularly useful as the incredibly informative and useful post that sparked this answer.

Oh.. a couple more reasons have come to mind.

Glock says not to use cast bullets in their guns, which makes shooting them more expensive than it needs to be.

And Glocks have a higher than I care for incidence of blowing up.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I bought a Smith and wesson M&P 9mm in the 4.25 barrel and love it. It runs flawlessly. I like it so much I just bought a 9mm compact to go with it. The 9mmc is my carry gun and it is great. Its handles great for its size.

Top Bottom