• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    My buddy asked me if I would take him coyote hunting since I've done it before and have the calls. We went out at first light Monday morning behind his house and set up on the edge of a field where we had a good view to a couple woodlots and a crp field. After about 15 minutes of the FoxPro wailing away I spotted this guy coming from over 400 yards away. He was so small way out there I didn't think it was a coyote until I put my scope on him. He came in a steady walk to about 60 yards then stood there looking around. My buddy shot him but didn't kill him(he pulled the shot) and the coyote dpun around in circles biting at his side. I decided I better finish him off before he runs off since I didn't know were he got hit. My buddy used a .243 and pulled his shot left as the coyote was facing him so he hit it in the back right hip. I put a 150 gr Speer out of my .308 through his neck and it was instant lights out.
    This is my buddy with his first coyote.
    He said he is picking up a shooting stick before we go next time.lol. It was pretty cool watching the coyote come from that far away.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Yes he is. Best part is now we have a lot more places to call as he talked to several neighbors who gave us permission.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sweet, but pullin a shot that far at 60 yards.............he needs to settle his nerves a bit LOL
    And or drop to a .223....................what with a .243 win being a cannon and all ;)

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Yea I gave him a hard time but in reality he didn't pull it too far as the coyote was facing him at a slight angle. He tried to shoot it behind the shoulder from a sitting position offhand because he didn't have a rest and he hit it in front of the rear hip with the bullet exiting out the rear of the hip. You can see the exit in the pic but not the entrance as it was inside the fold in front of his rear leg. At least we got him. He was pretty excited after it was over.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I went this morning. When I got out of the truck it was -6 degree's. Hunted from 7-11, and saw 1 yote. I took a couple shots at him, but 900 yds is a long ways for the rifle I took.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Think I saw one on a ditch off 69 taking the kid back to BSU this morning.
    Too cold for me to hunt anyway.
    BTDT............no fur to show for my torture.
    I let a hot chick on Channel 25 tell me if I should get out of bed or not.

Top Bottom