• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMG55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Lawrence
    Last week I picked up a gen 4 Glock 19 from Beech Grove Firearms, a shop I found thanks to their advertising here. :) Today i got a chance to take it out and shoot it. I had never fired a Glock before today, never really paid them much attention until I volunteered at the GSSF event a few weeks ago. The first thing that surprised me about the Glock was the trigger. It seemed to have a "long" trigger that really took some mashing to fire. I don't think it's bad, just not what I was expecting. Everything else about it was great. I really like the sights on it, and the feel and ease of aiming. It really feels natural to hold and aim. I was a little concerned about the aggressive texture, but I got used to that pretty quick. Fired a few hundred rounds through the GLock and about 50 through my Kimber Royal Carry. All in all a pretty good day. You Glock addicts out there what should I look out for as I continue to break it in? Any recommended mods or changes? Thanks for your input.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    What should you look out for?

That you should come to love your Glock more than the other pistols you
    own and you find yourself buying more and more of them. :rockwoot:

Oh, and if you want to know what you should expect after shooting
    thousands and thousands of rounds, it'll just keep being the awesome
    firearm that it is. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is the Glock 19 Gen 4 the same price as the Gen 3?
    I heard they will still make the two generations models so im not sure which one to get.

KMG55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Lawrence
    Is the Glock 19 Gen 4 the same price as the Gen 3?
    I heard they will still make the two generations models so im not sure which one to get.

Most everywhere I looked the gen 4's seemed to be a little more expensive. I chose the 4 because I liked the texture better but you also get an extra magazine and the newer recoil spring. Beech Grove had a very nice, I think they said it was unfired, gen 3 for what seemed like a good price. You might want to give them a call.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    It seem I'm the only guy in INGO, that want a frame mounted safety on my glock

That's because Glock's design has been proven time and time again to be reliable and safe without a frame mounted safety. I can't think of a single time that I would've benefited from a frame mounted safety on my Glock.

To the OP, shoot it as many times as you can. They're the most reliable around and will run forever. I recently got rid of a Glock 17 that had at least 20,000 rounds through it with no issues at all.

KMG55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Lawrence
    1. At least 1,000 rounds of ammo
    2. A decent holster
    3. Night sights (if it has the basic fixed)
    4. Flashlight for the rail

In that order.

Also, watch this video about trigger reset on Glocks. Your accuracy will improve if you learn how to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3m1LEB7zEM

That is awesome! That seems like it addresses just the problem I was talking about. I will work on that. I laughed when he said a lot of people that go from a 1911 to Glocks have a hard time with the trigger. That is me exactly.
    Thanks to everyone for their ideas too!

BigBlock502

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Also, watch this video about trigger reset on Glocks. Your accuracy will improve if you learn how to do this.

Nice little trick, it will take some practice to do it in rapid succession but I'm going to give it a try the next time i'm at the range. Of all my guns I'm the most inaccurate with my Glock... but its one of my favorites.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Congrats on the Glock, once you get a feel for where the trigger breaks and how short the reset is you'll really enjoy it. Double taps and rapid fire are a breeze with its stock trigger as well.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Last week I picked up a gen 4 Glock 19 from Beech Grove Firearms, a shop I found thanks to their advertising here. :) Today i got a chance to take it out and shoot it. I had never fired a Glock before today, never really paid them much attention until I volunteered at the GSSF event a few weeks ago. The first thing that surprised me about the Glock was the trigger. It seemed to have a "long" trigger that really took some mashing to fire. I don't think it's bad, just not what I was expecting. Everything else about it was great. I really like the sights on it, and the feel and ease of aiming. It really feels natural to hold and aim. I was a little concerned about the aggressive texture, but I got used to that pretty quick. Fired a few hundred rounds through the GLock and about 50 through my Kimber Royal Carry. All in all a pretty good day. You Glock addicts out there what should I look out for as I continue to break it in? Any recommended mods or changes? Thanks for your input.
    I had some trigger work done on my G22. One part and some polishing was all it took, oh, and $45. also. Helped a lot :twocents:

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I bought my first Glock (21) last Friday :rockwoot: I shot it this weekend and could't be happier. I already made the transistion from a big revolver with a hair trigger to the semi world over the past year (H&K USP CMP 40) and that video is dead on true. That training plus 1000 rounds now I am pretty good with the semi's. The full size gun (21 OK huge in comparison) makes it easier for accuracy though IMO. Thanks for the great info on this site.

Top Bottom