0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So today was my first official attempt at shooting

20121027_144631.jpg

16 rounds all in the black, not too terrible grouping

20121027_144627.jpg

my attempts with a double tap

Special thanks to Paco Bedejo for inviting me out and showing me the ropes.

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    these shots were using Paco's 40 cal Springfield XDM. I believe the targets were at 10 meters?

Im definitely hooked. Along with Paco's 40 cal I shot; a couple 1911's, a 9mm Barretta, a couple 22 cal revolvers, a 22 cal Barretta Jaguar ,and several others Im sure I'm forgetting.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Congrats, a fun time!

There's lots of practical targets that you can use at the range. Your targets (shown above) will actually work as four targets. You can use the four corners or squares as zones, or separate targets. You aim at the middle of each of the four zones. I've visited during grand openings of Gander Mtn., and other stores that give away targets and other goodies on opening day, too.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    what range did you go to?

Looks like Roush in Huntington...

these shots were using Paco's 40 cal Springfield XDM. I believe the targets were at 10 meters?

Im definitely hooked. Along with Paco's 40 cal I shot; a couple 1911's, a 9mm Barretta, a couple 22 cal revolvers, a 22 cal Barretta Jaguar ,and several others Im sure I'm forgetting.

Great job Obidya and Paco Bedejo ! Also, a great idea to try as many as you can before buying your own...

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    You have to love it when you get to try a bunch of new guns out for the first time. Which was your favorite of the day?

I think my favorite of the day was probably Paco's XDM, followed by the Barretta 9mm. I can see why people like the 1911, but it wasnt my favorite.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hehe, you got better groupings than I did with my own pistol. This cements it, I really do need a pistol with a longer grip->trigger length (Glock 20) for my orangutan hands. This "aim up & right to compensate" crap isn't working for me :n00b:

Top Bottom