• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've deer hunted with the Trout family almost since I started back in 1968. There was John Trout Sr. who was one of the very first deer hunters in this state to take a buck with a bow. It was such a unique feat back then that Joe Celania had him on his TV show.

I did most of my hunting with John Trout Jr. who quit his jewelry business to devote his time to full time outdoor writing and photography. He has authored numerous books. John Trout III (aka Little John)was born after I met John Jr. I've had pleasure of watching him grow up into a fine man and an excellent hunter.

Little John has his own family and is now introducing Luke into the family tradition of deer hunting.

Little John has limited places to hunt and was wanting to put Luke onto a deer so he could get his first. I knew that Luke would have no problems getting some action on my son's and my food plot on our little 40 acre patch so I told him to put up a pop up on the NW end and be patient and he would get a shot.

Little John volunteered that they would only take a doe and I told him that I would not limit what Luke could shoot. We had a picture of a giant NT and I said it would be a great thrill for me to see Luke kill him.

I got an excited call Friday evening that Luke had done the deed and downed a fine young 3 pointer.

He is happy, dad is happy, Grandpa John is happy and my son and I are happy. Another deer hunter is hooked...

2011_Deer_Pics_Luke_1st_deer_016.jpg

2011_Deer_Pics_Luke_1st_deer_008.jpg

standslanted

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    That is an awesome story! There are tons of kids that would love the opportunity to go hunting and you should be very proud! Great job!

Top Bottom