• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Did you check to see if the Glock had an aftermarket trigger made of the sharp end of a nail? If so, that's your problem..........

And not that I hate Glock because I don't, but I certainly don't think the trigger should have felt that nasty.
    Honestly, unless something was wrong with it; maybe you just had an awkward grip on it.
    Were you pulling with the very end of your finger or was half of your finger inside the trigger guard?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have noticed that even when fully depressed the trigger safety on both of my Glocks sticks out further than the face of the trigger. I usually fix this by taking some sandpaper and rubbing it until I take just enough off so that when the safety is fully depressed it sits flush with (or just below) the face of the trigger.

This does not alter how the safety works, or the "safeness" of the gun, just trims it up to feel like a smooth trigger. with this modification I don't even notice that I am disengaging a safety at all when I pull the trigger and I don't get a sore finger after a few boxes.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have noticed that even when fully depressed the trigger safety on both of my Glocks sticks out further than the face of the trigger. I usually fix this by taking some sandpaper and rubbing it until I take just enough off so that when the safety is fully depressed it sits flush with (or just below) the face of the trigger.

This does not alter how the safety works, or the "safeness" of the gun, just trims it up to feel like a smooth trigger. with this modification I don't even notice that I am disengaging a safety at all when I pull the trigger and I don't get a sore finger after a few boxes.

The only Glock I have shot was my brothers g17 and it hurt my finger to shoot it and I bet this is the fix. Despite the trigger hurting my finger my next purchase is going to be a g19.
    I own 2 xdm's and really like them but I definetly need some Glock in my collection. Thanks for this fix! :yesway:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I've heard of limp wristing a Glock, but this must be the first case of limp fingering I've ever heard of! :D

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've noticed same thing on my 26. I still like my Glock, but LOVE my HKs, no comparison (for me, my hands, my accuracy abilities). Trigger bite (what I call it) is bad enough, the 26 will likely be my first/last Glock. Never felt same bite w/ Sig, 1911 of any brand, XD or XDm, HK, or CZ.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Sounds like one of the "infamous" NY triggers.. If anyone is interested PM me, I can fix that relatively painlessly.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    yes he can. trust me. i had the same issue. NHT3 fixed up proper, now one of my favorite triggers. cant say enough good things about charlie. +1

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    LOL. You guys are funny! I am over the half century mark and have worked with my hands for 40+ years. :fogey: I do NOT have tender fingers. Even the owner complained about the trigger but it is his issued weapon. He has to use it. I do not have any problem with any of my other pistols either, .22 to .45.
    Now excuse me while I go do my nails.:D
    Great sense of humor, "tender fingers." Rep at you, sir.:yesway:

smspears592

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have used Glocks for years. I don't ever remember my finger hurting. I will admit the trigger is different, but it could be the weight they have put on the trigger. My new Glock has a 5 lb trigger. Nice.

Guns should be about fit. If it don't fit, don't get it.

Top Bottom