• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Correct, there is no permit/license to buy the firearm or to physically posses it in some cases. Possession in that NRA FAQ isn't talking about all instances or carrying the firearm, simply gaining possession of the firearms.

Legal Community Against Violence

Open Carrying/Exposed Firearms
    Indiana prohibits any person from carrying a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the body, except in the person's dwelling or on the person's property or fixed place of business, without possessing a license to carry a handgun. Ind. Code Ann. §§ 35-47-2-1(a) and 35-47-2-23.
    Columbus Police Department
    Handgun License

There are two types of handgun licenses available in the State of Indiana. A Hunting and Target license is a limited license and allows a person to lawfully transport a handgun to or from hunting or target shooting only. A Personal Protection or unlimited license allows a person to lawfully carry a handgun at anytime on his or her person or in a vehicle.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    OK so apparently I don't have to do the whole "interview with the chief" thing at the Carmel PD to get my LTCH... For some reason the nook of Carmel where my dad lives (and legally, so do I hah) is not covered by CPD and is under the jurisdiction of the Hamilton County sheriff! So, all I have to do is go up to Noblesville, give them some money, get my prints taken, and fill out all that junk!

It's really nuts that in Carmel they make all new permit applicants "interview" with the Chief of Police... Talk about a waste of time, and a waste of money, in a shall issue state!:nuts:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    OK so apparently I don't have to do the whole "interview with the chief" thing at the Carmel PD to get my LTCH... For some reason the nook of Carmel where my dad lives (and legally, so do I hah) is not covered by CPD and is under the jurisdiction of the Hamilton County sheriff! So, all I have to do is go up to Noblesville, give them some money, get my prints taken, and fill out all that junk!

It's really nuts that in Carmel they make all new permit applicants "interview" with the Chief of Police... Talk about a waste of time, and a waste of money, in a shall issue state!:nuts:
    Now get on it!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

IANAL, but I'm fairly certain that it's also illegal.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN

I didn't really think there was alot of stuff fill out, IIRC, mine was one sheet, that was all

I do somewhat think we need some sort of proficiency certification though, although most people would probably disagree with that statement

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I do somewhat think we need some sort of proficiency certification though, although most people would probably disagree with that statement

Training GOOD. Required training BAD. Unless you also want required training before being allowed any of your other Rights.

Top Bottom