• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I had forgotten about these flashlights until I saw a PDTV repeat today. These are the lights with the angled head like the old mil. types only much smaller. A handle and strap enables one to wear it on their off hand while still using that hand. I googled First-light and they are still around which is surprising to me, all one hears about lately are Fenix,Suerfire,etc. They are expensive.$159-239. Do any INGO'rs have them, have an opinion on them?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I got to try both out at a lowlight pistol class, my observation is that they are very well made and useful.

That said, neither one fits my needs so I don't own one of them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had forgotten about these flashlights until I saw a PDTV repeat today. These are the lights with the angled head like the old mil. types only much smaller. A handle and strap enables one to wear it on their off hand while still using that hand. I googled First-light and they are still around which is surprising to me, all one hears about lately are Fenix,Suerfire,etc. They are expensive.$159-239. Do any INGO'rs have them, have an opinion on them?

We had a couple for demos at our low light class in December. I don't own any myself, but I know people who do!

They're a great product and if they meet your needs and you're adept at using them, they're an excellent tool. The Liberator is easier to use and maintain a proper two-handed firing grip on a pistol, but it's not as easy to carry discreetly as the Tomahawk.

In addition to the obvious benefits of their unique designs, the thing I like about them is that all of the modes are easily accessible without toggling through with a tailswitchs or rotating the bezel as you would with the conventional designs.

They're also easily adaptable for use with a long gun, so you can use the same light no matter what weapon you need to use.

If I were a police officer or in the military, the Liberator would be my primary light.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have a Liberator STT. I like it, but they are sure proud of them! I got mine b/c my duty gun was a 2nd gen, G22 & I would work all different shifts (as a reserve officer). Since I couldn't mount a light to the gun, I wanted something that would work better than the usual low light tactics w/ a Mag Light, etc. It does work, and was very handy. Let me know if you'd like to see it in person, especially if you were thinking about buying one.

Top Bottom