• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Are you going to be offering a retrofit for the suppressor body if I want to send you my kestrel 556?

Semperfi will have to answer that for sure, but I don't think you could replace the tube as part of that is the registered portion of the suppressor. Maybe you could replace the non-serialized portion... which I guess would still offer some decent weight reduction, but I don't know what sort of issues you'd have with threading those two different metals together (maybe no problems at all, I don't really know).

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So calling a Titanium bodied silencer with Inconel internals is not misleading while calling a Titanium bodied silencer with 17-4 internals is misleading. I guess I need to buy a vowel.

I am pleased that we can offer a 17 ounce .30 can for $699. Judging by the number we have sold in the past week so are others. BTW early indications are that we may rate this for .300 Win Mag as well.

The stainless steel baffle stack weighs about 6 ounces. We would cut that to about 4 by using Titanium, and would have a softer material costing about 12 times as much with half the yield strength and four times greater erosion than the 17-4 baffles we are using. Inconel is not necessary in a user serviceable silencer because the user can rotate the baffles, elongating the life span of the baffle stack, and we will replace the baffle stack under warranty if it erodes too much.

If 2 ounces are a big deal you have the option to work out or spend an extra $400 for a YHM, $500 for a Sandstorm, $500 for a Victory, or $800 for a Shark. BTW, I don't think any of these are rated for .300 Win Mag, are they?

Note: Oops, sorry. The $1500 Shark weighs 19 ounces, so I guess you'll have to work out even more if you buy one of them.

We are revamping our entire product line. Stay tuned for info on the G9.
    your right. For the price point I should not whine util I've given it a shot. I'm still interested in hearing it too.
    i already have one of your .22 suppressors and have been impressed.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    A huge :+1: to that! You can almost have a 22lr suppressor with what you save.

Hey it is your kind of logic that leaves me broke. That being said....you are a smart man:D I am interested in seeing some reviews on the this suppressor as I have been wanting a lightweight 5.56 suppressor for a while now.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I think I saw Tim mention somewhere that the baffles have been changed some with the new suppressors. Is this true? Are we essentially looking at a lighter Kestrel 556 or will there be performance improvements as well?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    could any one get an update on this? I was ready to order 4 weeks ago, but nobody knows when it's coming out.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    could any one get an update on this? I was ready to order 4 weeks ago, but nobody knows when it's coming out.

Asked my local dealer if he knew of any time frames. He said they should be shipping within 90-120 days. That was a month ago so hopefully he's right.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    are they even gonna make this thing or not?

If their qd adapter is any indication, I'd say the Chameleon will be out late 2015/early 2016.

I was on the fence about buying a 9mm or 556 can from Huntertown but I think they've made up my mind for me.

I read most of my suppressor reviews on Silencer Shop but I then buy locally. After recently seeing the Huntertown suppressors absent from their site, I decided to give them a call. SS said they had placed an order with Huntertown in mid 2013. As of yet the order has still not been fulfilled and Huntertown hasn't replied to any of their inquiries. As a result, they will no longer be carrying Huntertown suppressors.

I wanted to add 2 more suppressors to my collection and Huntertown made it financially feasible for me to do so. Hearing this makes me very hesitant as it's a lifetime purchase.

Top Bottom