• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm on the verge of making my first NFA purchase, which will be a rimfire-specific suppressor. I'm currently favoring the Silencerco Sparrow 22. Primary usage will be on a rifle (Magnum Research MLR22ATUT). Couple of questions:

1. Should I be looking at other models?

2. More importantly, any advice about, or positive experiences with dealers? This being my first dabble in NFA, I want to do things right and have it go smoothly.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Are you setting up a trust to do it? That's what I did! I personally really want to get a Dead Air Mask silencer but the distributor for my LGS doesn't have any. But really most all of them will be just fine. You need to figure out what features are most important to you and make your decision based on that I think. SilencerCo makes good cans, the only can I have is made by them. As far as 22 cans go checking out the GM22 by Gemtech or the Surefire Ryder. They are both pretty light weight if you want to go that way. The gemtech is also very affordable.

Honestly you can go back and forth all day on which one to get... Some guys say buy this one first and later this one etc etc. You'll be happy with what ever you get if I had to guess.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    There are plenty of great 22 cans out there. Some, what i would call, classics like the sparrow. It's a tried/true design and offers great suppression.

I like the new Osprey 22 can, that thing is adaptive and works. Thompson cans are always cool.

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I would check out Acme Sports in seymour, they are the largest stocking dealer of suppressors in Indy I believe. When I went to go get my first suppressors I went there and they literally had stacks of suppressors that you can check out. Its a quicker turn around if you go for something your shop had in stock so thats the reason I chose there to get mine.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I bought the Warlock2 and have that one, it works very well. I have a White Sparrow sitting in ATF jail waiting. The Warlock blends in with a bull barrel on both my 22/45 and the rifle. The Sparrow is a bit larger (I believe) Military arms channel did a bunch of suppressor tests and I was told the Sparrow had the best 10 round avg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If you're any good at all with hand tools you could build one on a Form 1.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Bought my firs Gemtech alpine from His and Hers Target Sports in Sheridan. While firearms are a bit overpriced, Ron's genuine excitement is worth the difference. He really cares. When he calls that paper work is in, he yells "happy day" as soon as you answer the phone. :)

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    A sparrow easy to clean and a
    can should last a lifetime I have no doubt this one will hopefully do that. light. Good looking. And quite

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I hate to ask but...are some suppressors are rated for rifles vs pistols?
    (EG: .22 cal rifle vs .22 pistol)

I have a .22 threaded barrel for one of my Sigs now and I am looking at the Ruger 10/22 Takedown with threaded barrel as well. They are both 22LR, is the Sparrow compatible with both?

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    sparrow is good to go for sure on both and on .17, 5.7 and .22 mag etc... if you go to silencerco.com it has all the different calibers that it can take

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    [h=3]Sparrow 22[/h]Caliber:
    .22LR
    .17 HMR
    .22 MAG
    .22 WMR
    .22 Hornet
    5.7mm
    Muzzle Average dB:
    112.7 (.22Lr)
    124.5 (.17 HMR)
    127.7 (5.7mm)
    Weight:
    6.5 oz
    Length:
    5.08”
    DiAMETER:
    1.06”
    Full Auto Rated
    Materials:
    Stainless SteeL

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Boy, I wish I had done this back when I started this thread. I'd be about a month away from having a can right now. I've decided to have Marc Halata prepare a Trust and the Dead Air Mask -22 HD will be the one... This week if all goes according to plan.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Boy, I wish I had done this back when I started this thread. I'd be about a month away from having a can right now. I've decided to have Marc Halata prepare a Trust and the Dead Air Mask -22 HD will be the one... This week if all goes according to plan.

That's too bad, because a Spectre is really the way you want to go. ;-)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Good choice on the can. I bought the same one.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just had Marc setup my trust. He also gave some pointers by way of cans that her personally owns. I took his advice and ordered a GM22 from Silencer Shop. All in less than a week I got my trust setup and purchased three cans in stock. As soon and my bank account recovers I will e-file my AK pistol and three lowers to SBR.

Top Bottom