• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've had really good luck with home based FFL's - the key for me has been to communicate with them as early as reasonably possible. Sometimes, they can even point you in a better direction price wise. I used an FFL in Noblesville to buy a Sig a few years ago and he actually sent me to a dealer he'd used in the past and saved me around $50 (even with his transfer) vs what I'd found online. Had to actually call the place on the phone vs ordering online but it was 15 mins to save $50 so no complaints.

Leverage the folks that do this stuff (even if it's part time). Ask some questions and they might surprise you.

tomray3of4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    United States
    If all you need is a lower, and it's a standard run-of-the-mill lower - you'll probably come out even if you just go to a shop and buy one.

Because with the transfer fee - you probably won't be saving much, if any, anyway. Unless, of course, the shop is selling a $45 lower for $80+...which does happen.

Call around a few shops and ask if they have any lowers in stock and the prices. You may be surprised.

Thanks, I will do that. I am looking for a complete lower in the $150-$200 range so maybe you are right that if I can find one local I can save on the transfer.

Top Bottom