• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InPsychOut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    United States
    I went to the range yesterday for the first time with my new bp9cc and put 150 rounds through it. 100 were 115gr TulAmmo steel cased fmj, the other 50 were 115gr magtech ball. I loved the way the gun felt, very manageable recoil, and nice accuracy out to about 10 yards (as far out as I put the paper).

I'm a novice shooter, so I'll probably explain this wrong, but I had some ftf issues. The spent case would eject, the gun would cycle, and the slide would appear to go all the way forward, but the trigger pull would feel too soft and short and would not fire the chambered round. If I manually racked the slide partway back and released, the trigger would reset and I could fire the round.

This probably happened to me a dozen times. In each case I was able to fix it by pulling the slide maybe halfway back and releasing. I don't know if this is just a break in issue with a new gun, something about my shooting technique, or something else. Going to keep after it at the range for a few hundred more rounds before I worry that there's really a problem.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My wife wanted one as her CC pistol. I bought her a two tone at Bradis. She liked the way it fit her hand, and it shoots pretty well too. I need to get her to the range and let her have some more time behind the trigger. I just wish the mags were cheaper!

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Sounds like it might be hard primers or something with the TulAmmo. The primer does not ignite on the first impact of the striker, and the second time it goes off.

InPsychOut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    United States
    I've looked into it a little more, and I think it might have something to do with the firing pin assembly coming a little gunked up from the factory. There are posts on the Bersa chat forum about cleaning them up, lubing them properly, and solving the problem of gritty trigger feel and light strikes. It wasn't just the TulAmmo... it happened on the Magtech I was shooting as well. And I'm not expert on shooting form, but I'm pretty sure my grip was good. So I'm going to strip, clean, and lube this sucker a little more thoroughly than I did when I first bought it and see what happens. All I did was what was easily accessible with the slide removed, but I hadn't taken apart the striker assembly. I'll report back.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    All of the Bersa's I've owned had come pretty well covered in shipping goo. You do need to clean them up before shooting and especially if they have it in the slide as well. I've owned a Bersa 9UC, 9HC, 45UC and a bunch of .380s and all have been great guns. Hopefully, your issue is just the shipping goo still in the gun when shot. If not, Bersa has excellent customer service and a repair center right here in Indiana.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I too have had issues with bersa bp9cc. I purchased it here off an ingo member. After purchasing took it to the range and had about 30% of my ammo get light striker fires. Upon examination of the primers, the striker varied in force throughout the test. I have not investigated a solution as of yet. I will be contacting Bersa if I can not find a solution.

Last edited:

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Took it down and checked the striker area... There were small metal shavings on the striker and in the area where the striker rides. Area didn't look damaged so I don't know what it was from.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I was always taught that the first thing you do after purchasing a gun is to strip it all the way down and clean every part individually. I have never had any issues with any of my firearms. Used or new, they get stripped and cleaned. I completely clean and strip every gun I own about once a year or a week before hunting season.

InPsychOut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    United States
    Took it down and checked the striker area... There were small metal shavings on the striker and in the area where the striker rides. Area didn't look damaged so I don't know what it was from.

Yeah, I did the trigger enhancement steps outlined somewhere in the Bersa Chat forums and found the same thing. There wasn't really much "shipping goo" in my gun, though there was some brown/black residue in the slide, on the slide rails, and kind of a little bit on everything. Thing was, I cleaned all of that before going to the range. I just hadn't done things like taking the firing pin out, etc. When I did, there were a few metal shavings and a very little bit of black gunk in there. I swabbed it out until dry with a q-tip, lightly lubed it, and shot 100 rounds without a shadow of a hiccup. As a matter of fact, it shot so well that it was a whole different experience than my first time out with it (which was still pretty fun).

As a side note, I also drove out the pin holding in the magazine catch. Holy smokes was that a challenge to get back in. In the end, I held the spring to the part that retains the magazine with a pair of tweezers, worked it into place 'close enough,' held it in place temporarily by sliding a tiny screwdriver through the pin's channel, and the stuck an empty mag in to hold the assembly in place while I drove the pin back in. Now that I got it, I could do it again a lot more easily, but it took me over an hour to figure out how to put that thing back together. The good news was that I lubricated the magazine release while I was at it, so it is a little bit smoother than it was (not bad to begin with though).

Top Bottom