First Squirrel of the Season - They Mock Me No More! (Graphic)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Congrats. I've been hoping that I could get out more, but I got a nasty virus and have been fighting a 102 fever for a couple days. It sucks that with 3 days off work, I don't have the energy to do anything but sleep.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Strip the squirrel, then fry the squirrel meat as you would chicken, make the dumplings and mix together. Very good.

My great aunt used to make the best. We would go visit, she would ask "anyone want squirrel dumplings?" I always said yes. I was 10-15 years old. I would have to grab their rifle (A Marlin bolt action .22) and go kill the squirrel and then we would watch her skin it and prepare it. She did it in quick order. They lived in the middle of nowhere in KY. You had to drive through a creek with no bridge to get to their house. Her squirrel was the BEST!!!

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I have never tried squirrel before, I will have to find someone that knows how to cook it.

Is it possible to make squirrel jerkey? I have a dehydrator, but all I have put in it so far is beef.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have never tried squirrel before, I will have to find someone that knows how to cook it.

Is it possible to make squirrel jerkey? I have a dehydrator, but all I have put in it so far is beef.

I would think so. It's a very lean meat.

Josh <><

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Squirrel jerky would be the tiniest strips of jerky ever!

I had a buddy when I was in high school (just saw him last week, in fact, and he thought I was someone else!) who took me squirrel hunting a couple of times. I never managed to kill one, but I did get to help with the cleaning and skinning and I still remember how.

Here's the fun part: he worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Yes, he would go to work when no one was there, coat his cleaned squirrels with original recipe, then fry them in the pressure fryers. :D

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Squirrel jerky would be the tiniest strips of jerky ever!

I had a buddy when I was in high school (just saw him last week, in fact, and he thought I was someone else!) who took me squirrel hunting a couple of times. I never managed to kill one, but I did get to help with the cleaning and skinning and I still remember how.

Here's the fun part: he worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Yes, he would go to work when no one was there, coat his cleaned squirrels with original recipe, then fry them in the pressure fryers. :D

It would be hard for me to resist adding one to a basket for a customer. :D

Top Bottom