• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    Went up to Evansville gun club yesterday to shoot singles and on my last round got a straight. The people I was with are all accomplished shooters, but were equally excited for me. I can't wait for next Sunday to see if I can do it again.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Good Job. Even more important is you KNOW you can do it now. Sometimes settling that question in your mind will open the doors so you can do it on a regular basis. Playing the game is pretty fun, winning is really fun!

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment!

I'm still working on my trap skills...long way to go...but, it is a lot of fun.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment!

I'm still working on my trap skills...long way to go...but, it is a lot of fun.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    Yes I did get my patch. The guy that runs the club brought me the 25 and showed me the hundred, but said he would set that back for me. HAHA. That one may be a ways down the road, but you never know.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I have a 12 gauge Browning citori ultra sporter fitted with a gracoil recoil system. I bought it from a guy I shoot with; he moved up to a krieghoff. One day I hope to afford a gun like that.

picture.php

Last edited:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Went up to Evansville gun club yesterday to shoot singles and on my last round got a straight. The people I was with are all accomplished shooters, but were equally excited for me. I can't wait for next Sunday to see if I can do it again.

Man, they have you now !!! I shot trap leagues back in the late 60s and early 70s at the Winchester Gun Club in Fort Wayne. Winchester gave out patches for 25, 50 75 and 100 straight. All the league shooters had their shooting vests covered with patches.

I was excited when I got my 25 straight patch. It took about 3-4 more months and a couple thousand rounds to get my 50 straight patch. The 75 straight patch took about a year longer and many, many more rounds of ammo. I was hooked and determined to get the 100 straight patch. It took another 2-3 years and enough ammo to supply a small army, but I made it.

Along came kids and a new house and my priorities had to change. I enjoyed the challenge and the mental aspect of maintaining composure as I got closer to a new goal, but I had to give up the trap shooting for other goals.

It is fun and a great hobby, but I can't imagine how much more expensive it would be now to shoot that many rounds a week now.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I broke 25 straight once too! Of course mine had to travel a long distance and impact the ground to achieve this! :D

Anyway, Great job and hope its not beginners luck. I know I need to get out more and practice!

Top Bottom