• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Gf and I went shooting at Atterbury range for the first time. Both of us never shoot before, well except for last Sunday when we attended the Basic Pistol course in Fisher. Today we shot my New Glock 19 Gen3. She does not like the recoil on it. We will keep looking for a Ruger SR22 for her. She like shooting 22 during the course, more manageable she said. Nonetheless, we had a great time. Only put through 100rounds while we were there. We went early so it was just the two of us on the pistol side. There were about 6 on the rifle lanes. We felt very comfortable due to the extremely help RSO on duty. Helped us every step of the way. Below are result for our first time. Shooting at 15yrds. Stayed 1hr, so 2 round total. 20mins live fire, 10mins cease fire.
    We will be back for more.
    Round 1
    20130331_131301_zpsbdf43d46.jpg

Round 2
    20130331_133923_zps6081247c.jpg

20130331_133937_zps563ca5c7.jpg

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Great job !

15 yards and first time shooting... I'd say your money and time was well spent on that basic pistol class.

Thank you sir.
    Yes, it was very well spent. We did learn a lot from that class. Even though, when we were at the Atlantic club, it was crazy cold out. It wasn't snowing yet but the wind were terrible. 8 students all passed. Everyone did real good for the crappy weather we had to endured.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Congratulations on your and your girlfriend's performance. I wish you the best of luck in honing your skills and I hope shooting becomes an activity you two both enjoy for many years to come

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Good shooting. Saturday we had 113 groups sign in for the rifle-pistol range. Easter Sunday we only had about 30 groups sign in. Lots of talk about the ammo shortage, but not much effect on shooters so far.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    My girlfriend and I will be hitting the Indy Gun Safety Basic Pistol course on April 21. I've never heard anything bad about the program. Another good review makes me even more comfortable with the decision. She's never shot anything and is a little apprehensive but is willing to give it a try.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Looks like you're already shooting better than 90+% of the people i see at at Atterbury! Great shooting! And Great work for taking the class first!

Get that .22 as soon as you can possibly afford it! You can justify it as a way to save money!

What brought you to the SR22 as the .22 of choice?

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Thank you all for the Rep and applaud. We felt taking the course was very wise choice. Neither of us grew up around gun, so we were very hesitant bout shooting. But after the course we felt comfortable handling firearms.

Reason we want the Ruger Sr22 was because from research people said it is very ammo friendly. Not as picky as p22 or mosquito. Which I found was alsi pretty picky on ammo.

Ruger was also recommended by one of the employee from a well known gun shop. Even though they had p22 available for sale. He recommended the SR22 due to the fact that it will shoot just about any brand ammo.

I have located an SR22 but price wise seem higher then what we want to pay for.

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    I feel the need to make a correction. We were shooting at 7YRDS..7YRDS, I repeat, 7YRDS. I dont know why I remember 15yrds, when I probably meant 25ft. I was at the range again this pass Sunday. Looked at the wall, which was wayyyyy far right. To make sure it was 7yrds and not 15yrds like I put in the original post. Sorry for the misinfo. My fault.

Top Bottom