First time I had to draw my handgun (in this state)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    None of them are going to answer that question because they know exactly what they would have done....the same exact thing I did.
    Uhhmmmm, no....just no. The cops would not have shown up, guns drawn, and demand the man leave your property. I am NOT a cop, and guess what, I will not pretend I play on the internet. I do know they would have come out, gotten to the bottom of why he was at your door in the first place, and maybe arrest him. For what, who knows.

I have never said OP that you would have gone to jail for your actions. Now, did you overreact (certainly), is what you did illegal (most likely). I'm just trying to show you the plethora of errors you made during this incident, which is what YOU asked for. In yet, here you are, defending every little thing you did.

You're so hung up on this "weapon" he had in his jacket. So tell us, what was it? Gun? Knife? Dynamite? You CAN'T answer this question because......YOU DON'T KNOW IF HE HAD A WEAPON FOR SURE!!!!!!

If you AREN'T looking for construction criticism, why did you post this in the first place?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'm going to run out of rep in this thread. After I read the OP I pretty much knew how all the responses were going to go, but there is some pure comedy in this thread!

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    the thing that caught my eye about this post was the title; "First time I had to draw my handgun (In this state)". Makes me wonder how many other times he's drawn down on someone?!!

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe it's like one of those Dos Equis commercials......"I don't often point my weapon at people, but when I do I prefer to do it in different states"

This thread is pure comedy.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Who gets to define when someone feels threatened? If he honestly felt there was a threat then what law did he break?

I still contend that had that been a LEO stepping outside of their home he would have been pointing his gun at him and ordered him to slowly take his hand out of his coat

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    None of them are going to answer that question because they know exactly what they would have done....the same exact thing I did.

With everthing you and your Girlfriend did wrong in this situation, and setting all the Blah Blah aside.....Why instead of pointing your Gun at him, did you not just ask him to remove his hand from inside Jacket VERY VERY slowly?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    It was a very dark stormy night. Suddenly I heard a noise at the back door, at first sort of like a scratching sound, then it got louder and louder.
    Tip toeing through the kitchen I go to the backdoor just a lightning lit up the sky! OH My God! I saw a extremely thin scraggly haired person at my back door. it must be a crack head looking for quick cash! I ran to get my 1911 and a maximum capacity clip.
    As I returned to the back door the figure begin scratching and pounding louder and louder on the door! I aimed at the door and emptied the clip at the scrawny shadow! Silence *except for the ringing in my hears and my heart pounding*.
    I slowly opened the door and to my horror discovered I had just killed my mop and two back doors. :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You got over zealous....nuff said. Had you "dropped" this man, as you stated in your post, you probably would have gone to jail. Could it have been he had his hand in his pocket because..oooohhhh....i don't know.....IT'S FREEZING OUTSIDE!!!!!

Why in the hell did you go to the door in the first place? Call the cops and be done with it! Was it because you knew the guy?

There are 10000000000000000000000 ways you could have handled this better, and honestly, i don't know where to begin....oh yeah....CALL THE COPS!

Not once in your post did I see where you, or your girlfriend had you life threatened or put in danger. This kind of dictates the brandishing of a firearm.

Let me guess. You were the guy outside and that's how you know so much about what was going on?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Who gets to define when someone feels threatened? If he honestly felt there was a threat then what law did he break?

I still contend that had that been a LEO stepping outside of their home he would have been pointing his gun at him and ordered him to slowly take his hand out of his coat

I believe you are correct. But they wouldn't have posted it on :ingo:.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    With everthing you and your Girlfriend did wrong in this situation, and setting all the Blah Blah aside.....Why instead of pointing your Gun at him, did you not just ask him to remove his hand from inside Jacket VERY VERY slowly?
    And if he refused? Or if upon removing it from the jacket, we find that he is indeed gripping a firearm? What then?

I have a question for all of you telling the OP what he should have done differently? Are you being honest and qualifying your statements with the disclaimer that your advice is based on achieving a particular end? Or are you just assuming that everybody else in this world has to respond to all threats the same way you would?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    SHOOT HIM.....NOW!

napoleon.jpg

Top Bottom