First time I had to draw my handgun (in this state)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You ALREADY HAVE 50 posts(requirement isnt 5000)...you can buy AND sell on the classifieds. :ar15:

oh-no-you-didnt-12.jpg

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Or I could beat him like a dead horse....kinda like you've been doing to this thread. ;) You ALREADY HAVE 50 posts(requirement isnt 5000)...you can buy AND sell on the classifieds. :ar15:
    It's 50 "quality" posts though!

Youre right, I've posted a lot in this thread. I'll make you a deal. Answer my questions.... Honestly..... without diversion or snide remarks, and I won't post here again.

Was your girlfriend in fear when she opened the door and went outside to talk with, or consol the victim?
    Were you in fear when you realized who it was? And if so, why did you take the time to get dressed before confronting him?
    If you thought this guy was dangerous, why didn't you call 911, or have your girlfriend call while you checked the door?
    Last, but in my opinion the most important, why, why, why did you let her get to the door and outside before you? Especially if you were in fear, or had a concern that this guy could be dangerous? (getting dressed is not a good excuse)

I am only one person, and my opinion might not be popular, but I can assure you that if I was concerned about something or someone outside of my house, there is NO WAY I would let my wife answer the door or go outside. PERIOD.
    I may be old fashioned, but I consider myself the protector of my family.

It seems to me that neither of you were in fear, and there was no reason for you to point a gun at the victim. (based on your original post)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It's 50 "quality" posts though!?
    You said it, I didnt add the qualifier.

Youre right, I've posted a lot in this thread. I'll make you a deal. Answer my questions.... Honestly..... without diversion or snide remarks, and I won't post here again.

Was your girlfriend in fear when she opened the door and went outside to talk with, or consol the victim?)
    I cant speak for my gf as to whether she was in fear or not. Doesnt matter either way....she wasnt the one in a position to do anything about it anyway, I was.

Were you in fear when you realized who it was? And if so, why did you take the time to get dressed before confronting him?
    Once I knew who it was (GF told me) I knew there was a good chance that the situation could prove to be a problem considering the guy knew better than to come to my house, let alone at 2:30am. I had to logically come to the conclusion that he wasnt there to bring me a Christmas Card. He has never been much past the end of my driveway to drop his GF(at the time) off to visit with my GF. He has NEVER been in my home. Again, there 3 no trespassing sign in my driveway area. It was 2:30am...I got clothes on because I was in my underwear and someone was knocking, not kicking in the door. I did not know my GF had answered the door until after she had already done it and I had left my bedroom to find out that she was ALREADY outside.

If you thought this guy was dangerous, why didn't you call 911, or have your girlfriend call while you checked the door?
    Last, but in my opinion the most important, why, why, why did you let her get to the door and outside before you? Especially if you were in fear, or had a concern that this guy could be dangerous? (getting dressed is not a good excuse)
    I didnt call 911 first because I realized my GF was already outside within 7 ft. of the guy. She is naive when it comes to the fact that bad people exist and that everyone cannot be reasoned with. She committed me to handling that situation first before rolling the police out. If she would not have answered the door and went outside I would have told him thru the door to leave and then immediately called the police if he did not. I never had any intention to go outside until my GF put me in that position for the need to.

I am only one person, and my opinion might not be popular, but I can assure you that if I was concerned about something or someone outside of my house, there is NO WAY I would let my wife answer the door or go outside. PERIOD..
    Again I cant read minds...I did not know she intended to go outside.
    I may be old fashioned, but I consider myself the protector of my family.
    Speaking of snide remarks.

It seems to me that neither of you were in fear, and there was no reason for you to point a gun at the victim. (based on your original post)
    Who knows what I did or did not prevent. We will never know for sure whether a weapon was underneath the coat. I dont have to worry about it, he is gone and we are fine at our home. Mission Accomplished.

Last edited:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    OK OK OK! OP you need to read rule #2 of the 4 rules and remember it. ....I was taught years ago..don't point your gun at someone unless your going to use it.
    This thread has lost whatever point was trying to be made 40 pages ago....you did no wrong in your eyes and it is what it is!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    And he just keeps on going... :facepalm:
    Its because I dont care what the law or prosecutors have to say about this. We are alive in my household. They cant prove he did not have a weapon underneath the coat and I cant prove that he did, But I can prove via 2 eye witnesses(me being one of them) as to everything I said was true about the event. It is my job to PREVENT any harm to my family. If some prosecutor or LEO feels the need to challenge me concerning this then I'll see them in court. Do you think they really want that bad PR in the newspaper during an election year? :dunno:
    Im not some bully walking around waiting for any moment to draw a gun. Id actually prefer not even deal with ANY situations but I will not cower down when it comes time to deal with one. I do know how to walk away and I have done so many times in my life. I sure as hell will not be persecuted or prosecuted for protecting my family against a very logical possibility of danger.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    OK OK OK! OP you need to read rule #2 of the 4 rules and remember it. ....I was taught years ago..don't point your gun at someone unless your going to use it.
    This thread has lost whatever point was trying to be made 40 pages ago....you did no wrong in your eyes and it is what it is!

And he doesn't comprehend that a jury might see things differently, and he is lucky to have avoided life-altering problems.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    We are alive in my household.
    This is the ultimate goal, and you did what you felt you had to in order to achieve this end. However, I hope you can see and the rest of us can see some of your mistakes and learn from them. The biggest lesson being don't point a gun at someone and then run and tell everyone on INGO about it.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    This is the ultimate goal, and you did what you felt you had to in order to achieve this end. However, I hope you can see and the rest of us can see some of your mistakes and learn from them. The biggest lesson being don't point a gun at someone and then run and tell everyone on INGO about it.

AMEN!!!!!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    And he doesn't comprehend that a jury might see things differently, and he is lucky to have avoided life-altering problems.
    With the climbing murder rate of Indiana and its only late Feb. (just Indianapolis and NWI) I would take my chances with a jury vs. being dead.

Once again, a LEO will almost ALWAYS have his weapon drawn on a person that has their hand in underneath their coat or even pockets. So why cant I do the same to prevent someone from pulling a weapon on my property?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Lesson learned. And this weekend I am going over the event with the GF and point out what needs to change. I am also considering selling autographed bikini pics of the GF(clarifying for all the really weird perv members) since there was so much interest in "the 2:30am appearance" of said GF. $50 and SASE. Hey I have to find a way to fund a Tommy Gun and pay for the tax stamp....it holds alot more of them .45 boolits!

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I think you got 50 posts....not quality posts.....but you can now beat feet to the classifieds.

WOW....Really? You mean I can run to the Classifieds and buy all the overpriced Stuff. Thanks for letting me know.......I was so tired of buying all the overpriced stuff on Armslist....Now I have 2 places to buy overpriced stuff......THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME KNOW. I owe you one.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    WOW....Really? You mean I can run to the Clasifieds and buy all the overpriced Stuff. Thanks for letting me know.......I was so tired of buying all the overpriced stuff on Armslist....Now I have 2 places to buy overpriced stuff......THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME KNOW. I owe you one.
    I could use another box of .45acp. You never know when ya might need it.

Top Bottom