• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I got my feet wet shooting a novice sporting clay match tonight at Indiana Gun Club in Fishers.

It was eight stages - we shot three pair for all of the stages save one, which was four. Total of 50 clays.

I was in a group of five guys. Most of us were pretty green, but everyone displayed good gun handling and had no major issues manipulating the Remington 870 pump waiting for us at each station.

I was impressed with the variety of movement and direction of the clays. We even saw one with a rolling rabbit which was a ton of fun.

I ended up shooting 26 out of 50, which was good for second best from my group. I didn't run the table on any strings, but I did score a couple 4s. *cough ... and a 1... cough* I finished the last stage with only 2. That's what kept me from best of the group.

Not bad for a first time. If I learn how to actually use the sights I might be a half decent shot.

The event was actually put on by the Fishers/ Carmel Chamber young professionals group. It was nice to see them being open to promote shooting sports.

20150820_210439_zpspltnowj_edit_1440119152081_zpsrdr0mecs.jpg

Last edited:

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    That's awesome! I love shooting sporting clays out at IGC. They mix it up quite a bit - lots of different types of shots. Glad to hear you enjoyed your first time out!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hitting half with a pump gun the first time out is respectable...especially when you haven't met the gun before you set foot on the station!

Top Bottom