• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iurobz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Took the members' advise and went to Indy Trading Post today. Rented a J Frame (a Taurus, the S&W was malfunctioning). Great fun and learned a lot. Very slow and deliberate. Managed to put 10 of my first 15 in the 10 spot at a whopping 7 yards.

Yup, if an intruder breaks into my house in the middle of the day, stands perfectly still, and doesn't return fire...he's history. :D

Was going to post a photo of the target, but can't figure out how. Might not have priviledges yet.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nice. Now remember, the FBI statistics say if you defend yourself(with a handgun), chances are it will be at 7 yards or less. Any more distance and they figure most people will turn and flee.

All you need to do now is speed things up a bit, while maintaining the accuracy.

BTW- Welcome to Ingo.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Good to hear that you got out to the range.
    If you want to practice some more, I would look into a .22 handgun of some sort. You used to be able to get ammo for them at a reasonable price. I have a Browning Buckmark that has well over 10,000 rounds through it if not 2x's that and it has done wonders to improve my accuracy and so forth.

As far as posting a picture, I have a photo bucket account that I upload photos to. From there you copy and paste the img code wherever you want that photo to show. Works like a charm.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Congratulations, if you can hit like that you can take a BG out without a problem. 7 yards is 21 foot, bigger than most rooms in the average home. And a BG's chest is a lot bigger than a 10 spot. Next time shoot a silhouette target at the same distance as fast as you can safely discharge 3 or 4 rounds. You might be surprised - remember you don't have to hit the heart with the first shot, anywhere in the torso is going to really, really hurt. Then you have the rest of the bullets in your firearm to put a stop to any threat.

tyler79durdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Amazing! Im so glad to hear about new, responsible firearm owners and users. I find target practice, just a few hours a week on saturday morning, helps relieve stress while sharpening marksmanship skills. Good job.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    You did fine. Now work on doing better - at least that is what keeps me going back to the range. The main thing is to have fun and develop skills that one day may prove useful. And have fun.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Welcome, and congrats. There arent many better feelings than learning to defend yourself, the journey never ends, you just get wiser, and it gets better along the way, practice practice practice, then buy some more cool stuff, and practice more.

Top Bottom